The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

2 minutes ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

You're qualifying your statement with the false assumption that I believe Khabib's actions should be excused. I was comparing the moral culpability of both of their actions.

They both broke the law and they both are going to pay.  Conor is refusing to press charges on anybody so his cornerman likely won't either.  So Khabib may end up escaping the legal ramifications, but he still will have to face NSAC who will not be thrilled.  The Nevada governor having to be rushed out of the building won't help either.  He probably has friends on that commission.

1 minute ago, Just1CupBeforeIDie said:

What Khabib did by jumping in the crowd and throwing punches, made it unsafe for the fans....not good at all...he should get a huge fine and suspended and stripped of his belt for that action.

NSAC isn't releasing Khabib's purse so that means fines are on the way and when there's fines there's sometimes suspensions to go along with them.  Anything less than a year, I'll bet he keeps his belt.  If he gets dinged a full year, he'll likely lose it.

36 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Khabib wouldn't get off the bus, so Conor decided to be even more dumb than usual and threw a dolly. 

That's what I love about the Diaz bros. They would've gotten off the bus and scrapped. Khabib only knows how to do one thing and that's dry hump in the octagon. He's all talk outside of the ring and hides behind his sucker punching boys. And the 1 time he actually did confront someone outside a ring (Conor's buddy), it was a 5 on 1 situation in a hotel. 

You're so wrong on all that you said it's not even worth arguing lol

2 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

You're so wrong on all that you said it's not even worth arguing lol

I think he's quite right, Piglet wouldn't get off the bus cause his posse wasn't with him, I mean, confronting someone 1 on 1? Nah, then the guy might slap back when you humiliate him, but hey, what do I know? Maybe you got a bunch of people around your computer right now high fiving you.

3 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

I think he's quite right, Piglet wouldn't get off the bus cause his posse wasn't with him, I mean, confronting someone 1 on 1? Nah, then the guy might slap back when you humiliate him, but hey, what do I know? Maybe you got a bunch of people around your computer right now high fiving you.

Connor showed up with a posse ..there was no 1 on 1 if Khabib stepped off that bus. 

Edited by Gnarcore

59 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

Connor showed up with a posse ..there was no 1 on 1 if Khabib stepped off that bus. 

I'm referring to the incident where Khabib confronted McGregor's teammate with his posse, if he can dish it out like that, then he can be a man and take it, but he's a typical p----.

I dont know if it is language barrier but listening what Khabib said in his brief statement he doesnt seem to understand that what he did was wrong. Trash talking like what Conor did about his religion, father etc is part of what he does best. Khabib is sensitive to that and took it extra personal with whatever the corner man said during/after the fight.

That doesn't mean you can jump out of the cage and attack someone. Khabib is going to get suspended without a doubt. I would assume his title will have to be vacated at some point once things get figured out...to early to jump to that conclusion right away.

What I do hope is McGregor gets back into the cage sooner than later, he is exciting to watch and is a big draw. Problem is, Conor is filthy rich so I dont see him rushing to fight again in the octagon. He seems to want big $ fights vs a select few fighters. It will be interesting to see what ends up happening, I have to assume that when the title gets stripped from Khabib it will be Ferguson vs someone for the vacated title. I just dont see how Khabib retains it if he does get suspended. They took it from Ferguson after what 4 months?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Conor had like 40 people with him outside. Khabib had his manager and everyone else wasn't invovled. He was instructed to stay on the bus and the cameras clearly caught him and his manager saying "open the doors".

Willfully blind Conor fan boys are hilarious.

Khabib mauled Conor tonight and then proceed to jump by himself into Conors entire team ringside and you think he's scared?

Dude grew up in Dagestan and saw things most never even imagine. And you think he is scared of some wanna be who grew up in a small suburban middle class town? Give your head a shake. 

I'm not even a fan of Khabib because of what he follows/believes in and the fact that his manager is a POS. I'm just stating simple unbias facts. Hard pill to swallow after the media hype Conor has had for these part 4 years. He isn't invincible and when he doesn't have a size advantage and against constant pressure be buckles. 

He's a quiter. He has tapped 4 times now. This was neck crank not a choke which means it was strictly pain. He was able to breathe but just couldn't handle the pain and tapped very quickly. 

I don't care for Conor. The only guy I genuinely cheer for in MMA is Rory Mac, and Jimy Hettes (before he essentially retired due to injuries) - both due to personal interactions with both. 

However, between Conor, Khabib, and the Diaz brothers - the Diaz brothers are the one's I'd cheer for. 

Idgaf where Khabib grew up or what he saw. He probably was surrounded by his dad and all his dad's buddies anyways. And Conor is an all-talk hype man and nothing more. Everything he says and does is motivated by money. It's the same routine he's always had and will continue to have. 

If you're dense enough to let him get in your head, regardless of if he's attacking your religion or country or family, that's your own problem for being mentally weak. Everyone knows he's going to talk about all that stuff because that's all he can do. 

For as dumb and immature Conor is, he walked away with 2-3 million dollars last night, while Khabib walked away with $0 because his purse is held due to pending fines. 

Conor accomplished his goal. He's money driven, hence him taking a guaranteed L with the Mayweather fight to make 100 mill. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

I don't care for Conor. The only guy I genuinely cheer for in MMA is Rory Mac, and Jimy Hettes (before he essentially retired due to injuries) - both due to personal interactions with both. 

However, between Conor, Khabib, and the Diaz brothers - the Diaz brothers are the one's I'd cheer for. 

Idgaf where Khabib grew up or what he saw. He probably was surrounded by his dad and all his dad's buddies anyways. And Conor is an all-talk hype man and nothing more. Everything he says and does is motivated by money. It's the same routine he's always had and will continue to have. 

If you're dense enough to let him get in your head, regardless of if he's attacking your religion or country or family, that's your own problem for being mentally weak. Everyone knows he's going to talk about all that stuff because that's all he can do. 

For as dumb and immature Conor is, he walked away with 2-3 million dollars last night, while Khabib walked away with $0 because his purse is held due to pending fines. 

Conor accomplished his goal. He's money driven, hence him taking a guaranteed L with the Mayweather fight to make 100 mill. 

-love the Diaz Bros, funny dudes.

-Khabib wont have to worry about money, even if he has to take a hit on this pay out and even a suspension

He is now the on the top of the world, still undefeated, and took out the biggest mouth/hype king the sport has ever seen. He's a dragon slayer.

I find it amusing that people are suggesting that the reason Connor never participated in the after fight brawl is because he was showing 'class'. No, he is on probation and one of the conditions of any probation order is to keep the peace and be of good behaviour. It is a safe bet that if he was not on probation he would have jumped the gate too.

edit; there is actually a clip of Connor trying to hop the fence (which now quashes my theory). Good thing security prevented him from doing so.

Edited by DontTouchMeGuys
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DontTouchMeGuys said:

I find it amusing that people are suggesting that the reason Connor never participated in the after fight brawl is because he was showing 'class'. No, he is on probation and one of the conditions of any probation order is to keep the peace and be of good behaviour. It is a safe bet that if he was not on probation he would have jumped the gate too.

edit; there is actually a clip of Connor trying to hop the fence. Good thing security prevented him from doing so.

I have seen two videos now this one and the one Tortarellas Rant posted and Conor was way more involved than it looked like on tv. If you watch those videos he punches Kahbibs cornerman wearing that goofy ass hat as he heads over the fence then Khabibs goons jump the fence Conor engages the one and gets sucker punched by the second guy, 

Again Khabin is to blame here but I watched the press conference and Dana said the NSAC reviewed their footage (the UFCs) and decided to release McGregors purse. I watched the fight and aftermath and I though he had just stayed in his corner and did nothing but he was involved in the fracas too.

What i find ironic is Dana White saying this was a surprise - this was the second incident between these clowns - Conor went full retard in New York and Khabib was like "hold my beer" and took it to another level in Vegas,

Apparently what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas :P Personally I could care less if these two fight each other or anyone else ever again. Strip Khabib of the title and have Ferguson fight Alvarez.

3 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Apparently what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas :P Personally I could care less if these two fight each other or anyone else ever again. Strip Khabib of the title and have Ferguson fight Alvarez.

Poirier over alvarez imo. These 2 probly wont fight again. Also i find it funny if anyone believe in that heated moment that irish hot head mcgregor had any thoughts of his probation. More like he was tired after being out worked in the fight and tapping from a choke that wasnt even in all the way