The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

We're supposed to have a big storm here (Southern Ontario). One of the biggest winter storms in years.

Supposed to start over night and carry through until Wed. I believe.

Yikes, and that says a lot given how it snows so much during a regular storm! Be safe eastern fellows!

It's been chilly here but not enough to snow. I'm disappointed about how the winter has played out tbh. They said it was going to be full of storms and yet so far it's been nothing worse than usual (other than that one cold snap at the beginning of november)

wtf. I've posted on previous pages that we have cold weather in Southern Ontario.

At least post something. You quote a smiley and neg rep me? wow

I used up all my negreps before hitting this post - I have no idea what you're talking about.

As well, I'm under the assumption that given this is a VANCOUVER CANUCKS forum, we're talking about VANCOUVER WEATHER unless otherwise referred to in your post.

See a pattern?

• Upvote 2

I used up all my negreps before hitting this post - I have no idea what you're talking about.

As well, I'm under the assumption that given this is a VANCOUVER CANUCKS forum, we're talking about VANCOUVER WEATHER unless otherwise referred to in your post.

See a pattern?

and yet this is the internet where people from all over can share their input.

looks like we have a CANUCKS fan in SOUTHERN ONTARIO who thought he/she would share here.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
VANCOUVER - The groundhog's prediction of an early spring may be wrong as Environment Canada is calling for possible snow this week.

Today's weather forecast is for showers with a chance of a thunderstorm, but snow fell in higher elevations on the North Shore and in Burnaby, Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam.

In West Vancouver's British Properties neighbourhood, the route of bus #254 was temporarily changed this morning due to snow, TransLink's Drew Snider said in an e-mail.

Some community shuttle buses in North Vancouver, Port Coquitlam and Coquitlam were diverted this morning from from higher elevations due to snow, Snider said.

Buses serving Simon Fraser University in Burnaby faced minor delays this morning, as crews managed to keep the roads clear of snow.

Meanwhile, tomorrow's forecast is for snow flurries or rain showers beginning in the morning.

If it's snow, as much as two to four centimetres could accumulate. The temperature for Thursday is a low of one degree, with a high of four degrees.

Friday, there's a 60-per-cent chance of more flurries or rain, with a low of plus one and a high of five.

Saturday will be clear skies with a few clouds, which gives the temperature time to cool down to a low of minus two.

That low means a 70-per-cent chance of flurries or rain showers on Sunday, with even more snow possible for Monday and Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/Snow+falls+parts+Metro+Vancouver+more/4294576/story.html#ixzz1EAFyrlFe

Thank god for reading break - don't need to deal with the snow at SFU!

If there is clear skies in winter, you can be sure that it'll be cold. Dry cold is worse than wet cold anytime.

You can hit -40 with dry cold. If you're hitting -40 in a blizzard, I suggest you leave Siberia.

:lol: :lol:

Dry cold much like Dry heat is much more enjoyable. The damp cold is bad, I would say even worse than wind. -40 with no wind (as rare as it is) is not that bad, -40 in a blizzard(blowing snow? I don't think it snows much when it's that cold), as long as the wind is at your back is tolerable. I'd take Sask winter over Vancouver winter any day, Sunshine is far nicer than rain.

on the topic of OMG Snow?- I'm sure we've got about 3 inches today since 2pm here in Saskatoon.