The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

ooooo! itd be great to see more blines on 41st i basically live on that street.

They already run quite a bit of the articulated buses for the 43 during rush hour (when UBC students are rushing home), but I predict the RAV Line will create even more demand.

That, and it's really squished.

lol i saw that video before bucky. seriously, someone could come out of the train pregnant and they wouldnt even know it...

From what I remember when I traveled to Japan, during rush hours, most of the train lines in Osaka and Tokyo have female ONLY carriages. Some people think that when you get packed into the trains by these pushers, you wont be able to get out when your stop is next. The trick is, you just need to force your way out and keeping saying gomen nasai.

Edited by ChelseaFC

I really hope the 17th date isn't accurate -- I'm leaving for Korea on that day.

Maybe in rush hour. But it's really not that severe in Seoul. But of I didn't go on really busy Subway Lines. There's one REALLY busy Subway Line in Seoul I think. Forget which one, but I'm sure you'll find it :lol:

Maybe in rush hour. But it's really not that severe in Seoul. But of I didn't go on really busy Subway Lines. There's one REALLY busy Subway Line in Seoul I think. Forget which one, but I'm sure you'll find it :lol:

I meant the Canada Line. :P I really wanted to give it a ride before leaving.

Feel free to bookmark my blog (the link is in my profile) if you wanna follow my adventures in Seoul and the rest of Korea. :) I made it for that specific purpose. I'll be spending a week in Jeollabuk-do in mid-August for orientation before heading to Seoul.

Edited by BuckyHermit

From what I remember when I traveled to Japan, during rush hours, most of the train lines in Osaka and Tokyo have female ONLY carriages. Some people think that when you get packed into the trains by these pushers, you wont be able to get out when your stop is next. The trick is, you just need to force your way out and keeping saying gomen nasai.

english for "move b!tch" ? (haha kidding)

but wow, female only?! intense. on a serious note, there are already enough weird perverts and such on our lines and its pretty open, imagine that but with those guys right up to high school girls... gees.

i see you experienced it first hand *ba doom ch*

btw, i love asking questions here, since you guys have great answers, but through the photos, are they done painting the trains? or are they really leaving the middle part grey 8| picky i know, but taxes pay for this! it should look great atleast

Edited by LoneI2anger

I meant the Canada Line. :P I really wanted to give it a ride before leaving.

Feel free to bookmark my blog (the link is in my profile) if you wanna follow my adventures in Seoul and the rest of Korea. :) I made it for that specific purpose. I'll be spending a week in Jeollabuk-do in mid-August for orientation before heading to Seoul.

WHat are you doing in Korea?

You're right it doesn't get all that severe in Seoul. There are around 15 subway lines in Seoul. I would say lines #1,2,3,4 are the busiest lines.

The worst sections of the Seoul subway in my opinion are portions of line #2 (especially feeding in and out of the Gangnam area) and sections of line #1 linking sattelite areas like Incheon and Bucheon to Seoul.

The worst stations are probably Sindorim station (transfer point between lines 1 and 2) and Jongro-3-ga station (lines 1, 3, and 5).

Aww shucks! August 2nd?....wont be back till the end of august...

i wonder if they'll hand out...stuff...

Besides smoothies, I doubt they'll be handing out free stuff. (The smoothies at the open houses are delicious though.)

WHat are you doing in Korea?

Take a guess. :P (It has nothing to do with Kim Jong Il.)

You're right it doesn't get all that severe in Seoul. There are around 15 subway lines in Seoul. I would say lines #1,2,3,4 are the busiest lines.

The worst sections of the Seoul subway in my opinion are portions of line #2 (especially feeding in and out of the Gangnam area) and sections of line #1 linking sattelite areas like Incheon and Bucheon to Seoul.

The worst stations are probably Sindorim station (transfer point between lines 1 and 2) and Jongro-3-ga station (lines 1, 3, and 5).

Thanks for the tip... I did hear someone mention Gangnam as a really busy part of Seoul. I don't even know where in the city I'll be placed in yet, so hopefully it's not in an area that's notoriously bad for traffic.