The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

My opinion is that Burrows is one of the most valuable players in any situation.

I do not see much of what you speak of.

In the playoffs, he was moved around somewhat and perhaps his productivity

slowed down abit as did everyone elses. But he is awesome.

Of all the players to talk about poorly, for me, he would absolutely be one of ths last.

The more I watch him with the Sedins, the more I see him as inseperatable from the 1st Line.

Burrows all the way....Buddy

• Upvote 1

You can watch Hodgson all you want but Burrows is the guy I am keeping my eye on.His play changed last year and he stopped driving the net.The beauty tip ins were few and far between.He spent less time out front.Yes I know he started the seaon late becuase of the shoulder butI think Gillis telling him to cut down on his chippy play hurt him and he lost some of the cockiness he had.Say what you want but in the Boston series in the final 2 games he spent a ton of time away from the hard areas that he usually plays in.I actually saw him in game 6 skate to the side board and just stop and watch the play.I wish Gillis would just let Burrows bark so he gets some of his bite back.

Clutch is that you? wink.gif

• Upvote 2

Kes and Burr cut down on their chirping and we got to game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Where did we get when they were mouthing off? laugh.gif

Leave the poor guy alone. He's not Wayne Gretzky. He tries his hardest. The Sedins are the Art Ross trophy winners. If you're expecting more in the playoffs, it should be from them.

He did his part.

When Vancouver Canucks players chirp, we are classified as dirty/classless/diving by the entire media/nhl. When other teams chirp (boston) they are angels. There is a double-standard in this league and the Canucks get the raw end. The refs really don't like us to succeed. I seriously believe a few of them hold a grudge against Burrows/canucks after he called out Auger. If we had done all of the skate hacking/punching that Boston did to us in the finals after whistles, we'd have a huge amount of penalties. Yes, it was not a level playing field.

I still get a rush when I see those video again........

• Upvote 3

Byron Bitz says hello, when we get there he'll be up for it... that's why MG went after some toughness in Bitz Duco n Mancari.. no matter what happens MG will make sure we have grit n toughness out there. I'm up for this yr, after losing to chicago everyone knew we needed to be bigger and get some talent instead of plugs and now look at our top 3 lines, we have tons of skill and 4th line will look good as well in the toughness dept. I'm not worried at ALL!!!! Bring on the bruins and let them see deal with this tougher canucks team! Poor F's lmao!

only an absolute tool would complain about Alex Burrows. What he does on and off the ice, and what he brings to this team for a measly 2 million per season is nothing short of amazing. The only explanation for a thread like this, is it is started by someone who doesnt follow the sport of hockey let alone this team. to bad you can only minus a post once

• Upvote 2

Isn't Gillis doing that to every top 6 player? He did the same to Kesler and now look what numbers he is producing. Burrows is no longer a talker, he is a scorer now, but at times he can be chirpy. Leave the barking to our bottom 6.

He's also a biter and a hair puller. "No longer a talker" LOL.

With the 1st line getting less ice time that usual, Burrows being

out with a Shoulder injury for a little while and teams learning to

defend against their line, it's understandable why his numbers

were down a little.

Chara is that much of a beast that anybody going to the net was going to get

abused. For the most part, our team was only going to be scoring on rushes

because they didn't give us time in front of their net.

Daniel said in an interview that Burrows doesn't get the attention he deserves

and that he is a very smart hockey player and understands the game well.

So, unless you know more about the game than those Sedins, I'd say you

were a few french fries short of a happy meal.

I think it was the comments Burrows and Kesler made towards Dave Backes' wife

(St Louis playoff series 2008/2009) that prompted the team to talk to the boys about

keeping the chirping down and stay focused on the game. The following season

Burrows finished off the year with a career high 35 goals and 32 Assist.

• Upvote 2