The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Burrows currently tied for tenth in the League in goals.

12 goals in last 8 games

This all got me thinking:

Right now, if you project the totals for the top scorers, one of Marleau, Crosby, or Ovechkin should finish first with about 55 goals for the season.

IF Burrows continued his 1.5 GPG pace: he finishes with around 71 goals

IF you take out the 2 hattricks: still has 6 goals/last 6 games, 1 GPG pace: then Burrows finishes with about 55 goals

I know it sounds crazy, but what if Henrik (and Daniel too) keeps playing as well as he's been and Burrows can keep his stick on the ice and finish Hank and Danny's tap-ins/set-ups? How crazy is it to expect Burrows to keep potting goals from inside 3 feet and with an empty net? (no disrespect to Burr as it clearly takes talent, hard work, and great hockey-sense to get into those spots and to be ready to receive those passes)

Maybe it's still crazy...

So, if we say Burrows and the Sedins have to slow down and have some off games. Maybe Burr doesn't win the Rocket Richard, but does he get 40 goals?

Scoring about once every second game, Burrows has a good chance of hitting 40. If the twins stay healthy and keep playing at a high level, and Burrows remains the "third Sedin triplet", how can he not flirt with 40 goals this season?

It sounds crazy but, unless one of them gets injured or goes into a cold streak, we can expect Burrows to score around 40 goals (and Henrik to get over 110 points this season).

At this point in time, the crazy optimistic predictions have Burrows winning the Richard. Conservative predictions are actually between 35-40 goals (which still sounds pretty crazy to me).

I just can't get over these numbers. If Burrows can average close to a goal and game for a bit longer, you'll have to start believing that he'll have a chance at reaching these kinds of projections. I mean, at what point does it stop being luck and a hot streak and just become the reality of having one of the best 1st lines in hockey?

Burrows currently tied for tenth in the League in goals.

12 goals in last 8 games

This all got me thinking:

Right now, if you project the totals for the top scorers, one of Marleau, Crosby, or Ovechkin should finish first with about 55 goals for the season.

IF Burrows continued his 1.5 GPG pace: he finishes with around 71 goals

IF you take out the 2 hattricks: still has 6 goals/last 6 games, 1 GPG pace: then Burrows finishes with about 55 goals

I know it sounds crazy, but what if Henrik (and Daniel too) keeps playing as well as he's been and Burrows can keep his stick on the ice and finish Hank and Danny's tap-ins/set-ups? How crazy is it to expect Burrows to keep potting goals from inside 3 feet and with an empty net? (no disrespect to Burr as it clearly takes talent, hard work, and great hockey-sense to get into those spots and to be ready to receive those passes)

Maybe it's still crazy...

So, if we say Burrows and the Sedins have to slow down and have some off games. Maybe Burr doesn't win the Rocket Richard, but does he get 40 goals?

Scoring about once every second game, Burrows has a good chance of hitting 40. If the twins stay healthy and keep playing at a high level, and Burrows remains the "third Sedin triplet", how can he not flirt with 40 goals this season?

It sounds crazy but, unless one of them gets injured or goes into a cold streak, we can expect Burrows to score around 40 goals (and Henrik to get over 110 points this season).

At this point in time, the crazy optimistic predictions have Burrows winning the Richard. Conservative predictions are actually between 35-40 goals (which still sounds pretty crazy to me).

I just can't get over these numbers. If Burrows can average close to a goal and game for a bit longer, you'll have to start believing that he'll have a chance at reaching these kinds of projections. I mean, at what point does it stop being luck and a hot streak and just become the reality of having one of the best 1st lines in hockey?

*tear*:towel:

Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

You honestly think Krog, Pettinger or Brown will do a better job then Burrows? Reality check... there stuck in the minors, Burros is in the NHL and is top goal scorer on the team.