The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Most people on these boards say Alex Burrows would not be the player he is, if he was not playing with the twins, but the same could be said about the twins. Alex Burrows' work ethic is outstanding, he shows up for EVERY game and works his ars off. Alex leads the league in short handed goals, and has racked up 40 goals since being dropped on the first line. Since its usually hank to dank to Burrows or vice versa, it could be said that's a possible 80 points for the twins. (I'm no stats junkie so I'm not going to look it up) Alex Burrows works hard every night and is willing to go to the dirty spots to complete plays, and he can bury the puck from them dirty places while being abused by opposing teams, not just anyone can do that.

So I say good on you Alex, keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it GREAT!! and that's why you're successful. :towel:

And while Im on the subject, the NHLPA should allow there to be a one time bonus to one guy per team per year for the guy who is totally getting underapid.

Alex burrows sweated like a dog to make 500k and shut down guys with Ryan Kesler

Then sweated like a dog to score 28 goals with the sedins for 500k.

now hes going to get 40 goals maybe for 2mil bucks?

Give me a break.

FA should give Burr a 3mil dollar bonus this year.

Im dead serious. I know its against the CBA and everyone would think they want a cut in the future blah blah.....................but this is an extremely special case of a guy whose been underpaid for a long time and has to live with this 2mil contract thru his top prime years until age 32

I think he should get a special owners bonus.

Maybe there was already a performance/incentive clause in his current deal?

i think the reason for burrows' success is not only he's willing to work in the dirty areas.

remember pyatt? at the beginning, we were screaming this guy to park his donkey in front of the net, and finally he did. sure abit of rebound goal. yet, not as good as burrow... Why?

its because burrows always always GET HIS FEET MOVING ALL THE TIME. he has been able to open more rooms for the twins and himself for the passes.

Its the hard work that get paid off.

after giving him big praise and saying he should be on team canada possibly ...tsn was also saying that burrows is living off the fat of the lamb/land...being the sedins.

will burrows ever get the real respect he deserves, i think hes a big reason the sedins are doing so well, it goes both ways.

Edited by rer

i think the reason for burrows' success is not only he's willing to work in the dirty areas.

remember pyatt? at the beginning, we were screaming this guy to park his donkey in front of the net, and finally he did. sure abit of rebound goal. yet, not as good as burrow... Why?

its because burrows always always GET HIS FEET MOVING ALL THE TIME. he has been able to open more rooms for the twins and himself for the passes.

Its the hard work that get paid off.

EXACTLY, I'm sick of all the Burr haters who're like, "anyone can play well with the sedins." Well can I play with the Sedins? Can Santala or Pyatt? People just don't notice the dynamism the sedins have with Burr. The brilliant passes, hard work along the boards, great anticipation, the creative plays, and many more things that neither Pyatt nor monkeys could achieve.

People need to stop being lazy and actually see what's going on on the ice.

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

You only THOUGHT that you knew, hahahahaha.