The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

fail1yo4.jpg

dumb penalties cost games.

the OP!! haha no wonder you're hatin on burrows every chance you get, we all caught you with your foot in your mouth when you talked about how bad of a player he is.. and now he's on first line!!!!!!!!! Remember when he scored against carolina on the breakaway that turned our season around.. yeah i forgot about that one too! ;)

In case you forgot, here's a picture reminder below....

610x.jpg

Edited by thegoldenbanana

The person who originally posted this question(Oct.3/08) has had some time to watch Burrows and with what Burrows has achieved during this season, Burrows has answered him loud & clear! Burrows is AWESOME!!!! Dumb question!!! You, who posted this looks stupid!!!

anyone notice that burrows now has 28 goals? in a season he dedicated to the memory of luc bourdon? number 28? spooky... watch he wont score again and will finish the season with 28...

Wow I just realized that, creepy...

Lucky Bourdon changed from #4...

I love this thread. I'd rather not read through 65 pages though. Does anyone know if the OP ever admitted he was wrong about Burrows? By the way I agree with some of the critics that Burrows does stupid stuff from time to time like the hairpulling and the shot from the bench and I'd probably hate him if he wasn't on our team. However if there was a trophy for top pest in the league he'd win it and besides that he is making a major offensive contribution.

Go Burrows, Go 'nucks

I love this thread. I'd rather not read through 65 pages though. Does anyone know if the OP ever admitted he was wrong about Burrows? By the way I agree with some of the critics that Burrows does stupid stuff from time to time like the hairpulling and the shot from the bench and I'd probably hate him if he wasn't on our team. However if there was a trophy for top pest in the league he'd win it and besides that he is making a major offensive contribution.

Go Burrows, Go 'nucks

his stupid penalty cost us the game

Note the date.

That's why this thread still exists.

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

I love this thread.

Edited by Rick

Hair pulling is awesome!! He makes me so proud!!

Oh and punching people from on the bench, super tough.

Is this clown going to the School of Avery.

Dear Slacker:

NO TROLLS ALLOWED.

THIS THREAD IS SPECIAL AND YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW FOR VIOLATING THE RULES, TRESPASSING AND HAVING A LAME USERNAME.

PLEASE REFER TO THE CODE BELOW FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS:

GT

FO

Edited by debluvscanucks

Dear Slacker:

NO TROLLS ALLOWED.

THIS THREAD IS SPECIAL AND YOU WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW FOR VIOLATING THE RULES, TRESPASSING AND HAVING A LAME USERNAME.

PLEASE REFER TO THE CODE BELOW FOR FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS:

GT

FO

Dear Slagging Hose Beast, <Name calling is fun isn't it>

I simply disagree with the majority of posters here and think that Burrows creates a negative image for the organization. Sure he is contributing offensively but at the same time the league will take notice of his antics and it may cost us a penalty when it really matters.

PS: CAPS are not cool.

FO??? I am pretty sure that is a violation of the site rules and not at all code.