The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Dear Slagging Hose Beast, <Name calling is fun isn't it>

I simply disagree with the majority of posters here and think that Burrows creates a negative image for the organization. Sure he is contributing offensively but at the same time the league will take notice of his antics and it may cost us a penalty when it really matters.

PS: CAPS are not cool.

FO??? I am pretty sure that is a violation of the site rules and not at all code.

Damn, spelled it wrong.

Pho...you know, soup?

I made you some.

Don't be a (jealous/envious) hater - you slam Burrows, you're in the wrong place. That's all.

If you disagree, that's fine. But you mocked him - that's not cool.

Remember this one thing - Burrows has made it to the NHL. He's currently one of the hottest topics and his work ethic is something others should model theirs after. What have you done?

In the meantime, I'm picking up on some hostility issues (directed at both Burr and myself) and, as a fellow fan, feel it's my duty to help with that.

Edited by debluvscanucks

Damn, spelled it wrong.

Pho...you know, soup?

I made you some.

Don't be a (jealous/envious) hater - you slam Burrows, you're in the wrong place. That's all.

If you disagree, that's fine. But you mocked him - that's not cool.

Remember this one thing - Burrows has made it to the NHL. He's currently one of the hottest topics and his work ethic is something others should model theirs after. What have you done?

In the meantime, I'm picking up on some hostility issues (directed at both Burr and myself) and, as a fellow fan, feel it's my duty to help with that.

You should hop on that , I wasn't the one with the CAPPED OUT RAGE FEST.

We will see how long the Burrows love fest lasts.

Edited by Flacker

You should hop on that , I wasn't the one with the CAPPED OUT RAGE FEST.

We will see how long the Burrows love fest lasts.

OHHH, I remember you now.

You crawl outta your hole every year at this time of year to troll in our forums and call people names here:

Flacker

Apr 21 2008, 01:50 PM

Post #186

Intervention Prospect

Group: Members

Member No.: 25,465

Hey douche, you do realize that Calgary won the Stanley Cup in 1989, well before the run in 03/04 that you claim turned Calgarians into hockey fans??

You sir ARE ignorant!!

They don't have forums in Calgary for you to join in with?

Get lost.

Edited by debluvscanucks

I agree with flacker in the sense that burrows made an error in judgement in both punching the guy from the bench and the hair pulling. A stick waving in front of a goalie and he's getting closer to Avery. He's playing very well, and there is no need for blanant breaking of the rules. He's been warned and he just needs to play his game and aggrivate ppl with his mouth instead of little cheap shots. He's too important to the team to get suspended.

Possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on the internet! Burrows (not soley, btw) has brought passion and commitment to this team that was sorely lacking. He is exactly what the Canucks needed when they needed it.

Edited by bobsidd

I’m sorry to whoever agrees with this thread, but you just don’t understand Burrows. Now look, I don’t know him, nor will I. But what I see from him and Kesler every night is hard work. People overlook it sometimes, for skill, but hard work will get you farther than skill alone sometimes. I don’t mean to say Burrows lacks skill, far from it really, but I am sure we can all agree he is not a “Pavel Bure” or any kind of star offence in that regard. That being said, I can see from how he plays, he really makes up for all his deficiency’s with his constant hard work ethic, it makes him that much more valuable than some of the skilled players if you ask me. Sometimes you see with these “skilled” players that they get lazy, because it’s their natural talent, and I guess they just expect to do good. Sometimes even when they get a big pay check, they just seem to stop working. But with players like Burrows, you have to play your heart out every night, because it’s just who you are. What I see in Burrows is a guy who had to work his way to where he is, not because he just wanted money, but because it’s who he is. He is just a hard working person, and people like that don’t just quit. I am sure that MG saw this quality in Burrows as we have seen that MG looks more at the person as a whole, not just their numbers.

I know allot of people are going to scorch me for this but I fail to see the reason why nobody questions his ability to play in the nhl. Every game i watch with him in the lineup(all of them) I find myself screaming at the tv because of the stupid stuff the guy does. Personally i'd rather have any of the guys that are fighting for a spot on the team rather than burrows. Everyone's #1 reason they like this guy from what I read on this forum "He's great on the pk. Who cares! Anyone can do this thats fighting for a spot. He can't score and i'm tired of kesler carrying this guy on his back night after night, I'm tired of him losing the puck, falling down everywhere seriously this guy falls down a hundred times a night can't he skate its ridiculous, stupid penalties its endless. "He plays with grit" is another common description tossed out when his name comes up. That ok sure he pisses off guys but fails to do really be able finish that job off by being able to fight because he can't. IMOP he's an embarrassment to the team. Please Gillis let this guy go keep Krog or Pettinger or Brown whoever. let er rip.

He put it the best himself.