The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

I think TWD is a good show, it does get a bit predictable but I think GoT and the fantasy genre are better left in books, especially with something as widespread and big like GoT. That being said, I enjoy the books quite a bit more than the tv series.

I enjoy both Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, GoT more so. But I'm not sure why people are comparing the two. They are nothing alike. One is about medieval fantasy and the other dramatic zombies.

I'm sure fans of The Walking dead realize the show isn't perfect, no show is, but some more than others. Yeah sure the writing could be better, it could be more "realistic", more gritty. There are things about a show everyone has an opinion on that it could be different or better. I enjoy The Walking Dead simply because I like the zombie genre.

A taste in a show is purely subjective and for that reason one can't be right nor wrong. There shouldn't be a debate about the two.

If you like GoT, cool. If you like TWD, cool. Go talk about it in their respective threads.

Not everyone was debating the same thing. The debated started only relevant to if TWD was a great show or an average show and was mainly about whether the writing was good or bad. Then a member made a negative completely randomly bashing GOT and implying TWD was a much better show which ignited the GOT fanboys to explode and turned it into a legit argument where everyone just insulted the other show.

I myself watch both shows but I consider GOT to be a better show. Just because I don't love them equally #DollarAndADream doesn't mean I can't watch both or have a favorite.

GOT is popular because it's a legit story. TWD is popular because it's the current fade. People love zombies now. Like they did with vampires not to long ago and like they did with pirates not to long before that. And many of those extremely popular shows and movies were just as stupid.

I agree wit g_bassi's last post on it. TWD is mainly a stereotypical mainstream hollywood style show. The drama is ridiculous and mainly based on someone being a dumbass.

Hey Sophie ran into the forest. Lets go look for her. I Rick Grimes the leader of this group found her. Oh no 2 walkers see us. What tooo dooo..

A. (Best answer) I could pick up this 50 pound child and run or briskly job back to the road where the group of double digit peopel can easily help me kill the slow following walkers.

B. (Average answer) I could use this amazing zombie killing training I had and kill them both with a rock while Sophie stands back.

C. (What he did) I can make Sophie hide in a wet hole and leave her all alone while I make these walkers chase me for 10 minutes just so I can smash their heads in with a rock and then run back to the spot I left her but to be safe I will tell this small child who has no watch to run with the sun to her shoulder alone in the zombie woods if I don't return in 10 minutes or so.

Or how about Andrea. This show has about 2 villains who aren't the zombies and she sleeps with both of them until the end despite knowing both are terrible people and don't actually care about her in the slightest while screwing over the only people who actually cared about her. Battered womans syndrome? And on the farm my good... Everyone says don't shoot... okay giuyz lemme just line up the shot and fire! oops sorry I didn't realize it was one of our camp members and not a walker... Luckily I have the accuracy of an ape and only grazed his head. But im not done yet... The guy who let us stay at his farm has a daughter who is in her teens and she is scared and feeling suicidal so I am going to trey to help her commit suicide.

Or Lori. My husband is dead so I am going to wait no time at all and start sleeping with his best friend. Oh wait he's alive so I am going to blame the best friend and play the victim. Oh no I am pregnant. Better not tell my husband, I should give myself an abortion. What Carl almost got killed for the 100th time? You are a dumbass rick why don't you ever keep track of him that's not my job.

Maggie and Glenn. Greatest love story ever told. To strangers scavenge in a pharmacy one is a hot girl the other is a nerd. The hot girl says, hey wanna have sex right meow? They have sex. Now she avoids him because its bad. He follows her around and she caves and decides to love him.

The Governor. The biggest baddest and best fighter in this entire show. No one can beat him in combat.

I am just gonna stop.

The point being is they are both very different shows. While both are popular TWD is popular because it caters to stereotypical garbage people eat up. Over dramatic drama to the extreme. While I still watch it because I do like zombies I often find myself wondering why is this happening? Why is this person doing this other than being retarded? It really is like a new age soap opera.

But yeah people can like more than 1 show but people can also dislike shows or like 1 show more than the other.

• Upvote 2

Not everyone was debating the same thing. The debated started only relevant to if TWD was a great show or an average show and was mainly about whether the writing was good or bad. Then a member made a negative completely randomly bashing GOT and implying TWD was a much better show which ignited the GOT fanboys to explode and turned it into a legit argument where everyone just insulted the other show.

I myself watch both shows but I consider GOT to be a better show. Just because I don't love them equally #DollarAndADream doesn't mean I can't watch both or have a favorite.

GOT is popular because it's a legit story. TWD is popular because it's the current fade. People love zombies now. Like they did with vampires not to long ago and like they did with pirates not to long before that. And many of those extremely popular shows and movies were just as stupid.

I agree wit g_bassi's last post on it. TWD is mainly a stereotypical mainstream hollywood style show. The drama is ridiculous and mainly based on someone being a dumbass.

Hey Sophie ran into the forest. Lets go look for her. I Rick Grimes the leader of this group found her. Oh no 2 walkers see us. What tooo dooo..

A. (Best answer) I could pick up this 50 pound child and run or briskly job back to the road where the group of double digit peopel can easily help me kill the slow following walkers.

B. (Average answer) I could use this amazing zombie killing training I had and kill them both with a rock while Sophie stands back.

C. (What he did) I can make Sophie hide in a wet hole and leave her all alone while I make these walkers chase me for 10 minutes just so I can smash their heads in with a rock and then run back to the spot I left her but to be safe I will tell this small child who has no watch to run with the sun to her shoulder alone in the zombie woods if I don't return in 10 minutes or so.

Or how about Andrea. This show has about 2 villains who aren't the zombies and she sleeps with both of them until the end despite knowing both are terrible people and don't actually care about her in the slightest while screwing over the only people who actually cared about her. Battered womans syndrome? And on the farm my good... Everyone says don't shoot... okay giuyz lemme just line up the shot and fire! oops sorry I didn't realize it was one of our camp members and not a walker... Luckily I have the accuracy of an ape and only grazed his head. But im not done yet... The guy who let us stay at his farm has a daughter who is in her teens and she is scared and feeling suicidal so I am going to trey to help her commit suicide.

Or Lori. My husband is dead so I am going to wait no time at all and start sleeping with his best friend. Oh wait he's alive so I am going to blame the best friend and play the victim. Oh no I am pregnant. Better not tell my husband, I should give myself an abortion. What Carl almost got killed for the 100th time? You are a dumbass rick why don't you ever keep track of him that's not my job.

Maggie and Glenn. Greatest love story ever told. To strangers scavenge in a pharmacy one is a hot girl the other is a nerd. The hot girl says, hey wanna have sex right meow? They have sex. Now she avoids him because its bad. He follows her around and she caves and decides to love him.

The Governor. The biggest baddest and best fighter in this entire show. No one can beat him in combat.

I am just gonna stop.

The point being is they are both very different shows. While both are popular TWD is popular because it caters to stereotypical garbage people eat up. Over dramatic drama to the extreme. While I still watch it because I do like zombies I often find myself wondering why is this happening? Why is this person doing this other than being retarded? It really is like a new age soap opera.

But yeah people can like more than 1 show but people can also dislike shows or like 1 show more than the other.

GoT does not have a legit story whatsoever.

There was no argument from me. I was merely stating my intense abhorrence of TWD. It's a complete turd-fest. I much prefer proper television such as Cash in the Attic, Bargain Hunt and Countdown. Anyone even bothering to discuss the merits of the two side-by-side really is wasting their time. If Andrew Lincoln left TWD, that show would die a quick death.

Back to GoT, the new trailer is fantastic. I don't know who is a book-reader or who is show-only, but there is plenty for both in there. This will be the best season by far with the content we know is coming.

Which show are you watching? Maggie is not that hot and Glenn is not that nerdy. Don't remember them complaining about sex and it's more like she follows him around.

is TWD vs GoT the Star Trek vs. Star Wars of this generation?

FWIW i enjoy all 4 in their own way.

It's less like Star Trek vs. Star Wars, and more like the original Star Wars trilogy vs. The Prequels. The prequels made tonnes of money. Millions upon millions watched them. Large groups of people adored them, and would extol their virtues. Segments of people prefer them over the original movies.

Yet anyone who would argue that they're in the same league would be dead wrong. They weren't good. One broke a lot of ground on how the medium could be presented all together, while the other rehashed some old crap while riding off the popularity of the subject matter.

Just because people wish to equate the 2 doesn't mean you have to out of some idea that a majority's opinion must be respected.

I kept on thinking that HBO is gonna make Shae a Tysha 2.0, but the shot at 1:06 says otherwise. Looks like they will follow the book here. It will be in a way more epic than Red Wedding.

Wow looks good, is it just me or at 1:20 when they show drogon, does that not look similar to the scene between Dany and Drogon at the end of the 5th book? I thought this season was just covering to the end of the 3rd..

I do not think so. Remember how Drogon was going around Mereen roasting lamb and children for a bit before Dany decides to chain them? Could be something preceding that part.

Ya that makes sense, just looked like he was in a grass feild and just reminded me of that scene at first. But if they are doing they are doing that part, does that mean they are dipping a lil bit into the 4th and 5th books this season? Because Dragon certainly wasn't that big in the third book. I had just thought there was enough content remaining in the third book for a whole season.

It's less like Star Trek vs. Star Wars, and more like the original Star Wars trilogy vs. The Prequels. The prequels made tonnes of money. Millions upon millions watched them. Large groups of people adored them, and would extol their virtues. Segments of people prefer them over the original movies.

Yet anyone who would argue that they're in the same league would be dead wrong. They weren't good. One broke a lot of ground on how the medium could be presented all together, while the other rehashed some old crap while riding off the popularity of the subject matter.

Just because people wish to equate the 2 doesn't mean you have to out of some idea that a majority's opinion must be respected.

for your analogy to be correct the 2 shows would need to be set in the same universe.

Ya that makes sense, just looked like he was in a grass feild and just reminded me of that scene at first. But if they are doing they are doing that part, does that mean they are dipping a lil bit into the 4th and 5th books this season? Because Dragon certainly wasn't that big in the third book. I had just thought there was enough content remaining in the third book for a whole season.

Yeah looks like some dipping will happen.

Lots of confrontations I look forward to:

Loras and Brienne

Tyrion and Cercei

Tyrion and Jaime

Tyrion and Shae

Tyrion and Tywin

Sansa and you know who (I wonder if we will see Sir Dontos again)

Sansa and the other you know who up there

Jon Snow and his wildling friends

Stannis and everyone in THAT section of the plot.

Dany and Jorah

Red Viper and every Lannister

Arya and some schmuck Lannister soldier...