The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Game Of Thrones: To the point of the TV show, no spoilers beyond that

Mr.Noodles

Hi:

I\m a late comer to the books and the series. My question is, what network other than hbo is showing this series? A day and time would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Showcase has picked up the series.

Stoked is how I feel and that's putting it lightly. Got my Stark shirt on and hopefully going to attend a viewing party of some sort. Speaking of which, has anyone here visited to Stormcrow to watch the episodes? Wondering if it's worth it

I dunno. I'd never put myself in a situation to be watching with those that could spoil the show, lol. I'm assuming those that have read ahead and what not would get some joy out watching at a place like that, but I'd rather not join in.

That said the Stormcrow seems like a pretty chill place to just hang out for the hell of it.

I'm with Kit Harrington. My favorite character is Bronn. He's got all the best one liners:

Tyrion: "Enhances? That's a pretty fancy word for a sellsword..."

Bronn: "Been hanging around with fancy folks!"

BTW: Always watch alone as well. I've read all the books and it doesn't spoil it at all for me. I was ready for the RW, (except what happened to Talisa) and it was still a great scene.

The khaleesi IS clearly the best character

She's awful, the show doesn't really convey how much of a petulant child she really is, and all the fangirls love her because she's all about "Muh dragons!" and "Girl power! XD"

The khaleesi IS clearly the best character

I am surprised people still call her Khalessi.

The show has a rich variety of well done characters though and the best is nothing more than personal preference or opinion. I am not a fan of her though and only really liked how she handled herself with Kraznys Mo Nokloz. Other than that she is a character I don't like so much and is just naive and lets her personal honor dictate her decisions but because she is the mother of dragons she gets away with it and worst case scenario the people around her get the worst of the repercussions. Anyone else on the show makes a slight mistake or moral decision and shit hits the fan for them. Dany just gets a slap on the wrist whenever she does it. Things are very white and black with her which I hope they change.

Oh, and the Imp.

Also, by the end of the last book I found myself sympathising with a few characters most people probably hate.

i'm always afraid of reading this thread because of comments like this. you don't really spoil anything, but if i think about it, i just assume that X hated character(s) isn't going to die until late, if ever

my favourite character at this point is probably Tywin, but I can just see his death coming a mile away (i don't actually know if he dies, i'm just assuming he will)

(PLZZZZZZZ NO SPOILERS)

Edited by GLASSJAW

i'm always afraid of reading this thread because of comments like this. you don't really spoil anything, but if i think about it, i just assume that X hated character(s) isn't going to die until late, if ever

my favourite character at this point is probably Tywin, but I can just see his death coming a mile away (i don't actually know if he dies, i'm just assuming he will)

(PLZZZZZZZ NO SPOILERS)

Hehe, sorry! I was going to say something to either assure you / flame your fears but that would be doing the same thing, wouldn't it?

See? I'm trying!