The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

-THE OFFICIAL-*******Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2*******-THREAD-

MillerGenuineDraft

I don't get why people are paying $20 extra just for a better cover and an original call of duty game with it, waste of money. Not that I can't afford it but I just think its a total waste.

You get an artbook (I will probably look at it once) but Im getting the hardened edition for the Original Call of Duty as well.

Good to hear the enemies dont just keep coming and coming if you dont move up. I hated that in World at War, if you didnt advance, they would just keep coming. As for the endless grenading, I really hope that IW video about "Fighting against Grenade Spam" is true because it was very annoying having 15 grenades thrown at me. 

Do you know if they made your teammates smarter? In campaign mode on veteran, the AI would just let the opposing team walk right past them and do nothing. I know veteran should be challenging, but it would be nice if you got some help from your team. 

Fighting against Grenade Spam-

Was in reference to being a cigarette if you do that.

Take note on the acronym.

They took the video down now.

Fighting against Grenade Spam-

Was in reference to being a cigarette if you do that.

Take note on the acronym.

They took the video down now.

Hhaa ohh, that explains why people were so upset about that video. Either way, I really hope in campaign it dosnt happen, its really annoying.

The special edition at Game Crazy/Movie Gallery has a pair of night vision goggles :D I realize you can probably buy those for like $10, but I thought it was cool!

I was tempted to get that edition, I also like getting limited editions of games for the little collectibles they give you, plus it would pretty cool if the Night Vision Goggles worked. (Nothing like the military but still good enough you could see in the dark.)

Hhaa ohh, that explains why people were so upset about that video. Either way, I really hope in campaign it dosnt happen, its really annoying.

I was tempted to get that edition, I also like getting limited editions of games for the little collectibles they give you, plus it would pretty cool if the Night Vision Goggles worked. (Nothing like the military but still good enough you could see in the dark.)

Think of the money on craigslist you could make!

*SPOILER*

Just played it today. There's a level where it asks you if you want to skip it because they deem it offensive, which I can see how it is. Basically you're an undercover guy with some Russian terrorists and your job is to literally walk into an airport and shoot everyone. Seriously, you walk into the airport and there's a huge line to the metal detectors and you just mow everybody down. It was really surprising, and in a really "wow I'm ****ed in the head does this mean I'm a serial killer?" sort of way it was kind of fun.

yay.

But is it worth it? I heard there's extra stuff "in game". But then other people say it's just a fancy cover with cod1.

:unsure:

It depends on you, if you dont want to wait for the Original Call of Duty to be released to the public, then get the hardened edition, if you dont really care about the Original Call of Duty, or can wait for it then just get the standard edition. (Or if you want the art book, you would need hardened or above.) I dont believe MW2 has anything extra stuff "in game" like World at War had, everybody gets the same game just you get extra stuff outside the game if you get Hardened or Prestige.

*SPOILER*

Just played it today. There's a level where it asks you if you want to skip it because they deem it offensive, which I can see how it is. Basically you're an undercover guy with some Russian terrorists and your job is to literally walk into an airport and shoot everyone. Seriously, you walk into the airport and there's a huge line to the metal detectors and you just mow everybody down. It was really surprising, and in a really "wow I'm ****ed in the head does this mean I'm a serial killer?" sort of way it was kind of fun.

Haha people leaked that level like 3-4 days ago, I guess apparently Australia is thinking about reconsidering the rating for the game which would mean banning it since they dont have an 18+ rating. I dont really see why its such a big deal, they are only pixels with no feelings, they come back to life when you restart, its a video game, people are too sensitive. Im going to have fun playing that level, guess I, like most people are ****ed in the head. :P

Haha people leaked that level like 3-4 days ago, I guess apparently Australia is thinking about reconsidering the rating for the game which would mean banning it since they dont have an 18+ rating. I dont really see why its such a big deal, they are only pixels with no feelings, they come back to life when you restart, its a video game, people are too sensitive. Im going to have fun playing that level, guess I, like most people are ****ed in the head. :P

I know eh. It's not like we're all going to gather a bunch of automatic weapons together and go shoot up an airport just because we played it.

It must suck to have to actually wait until the release date. It also must suck to have to pay the 70 bucks for the game. :P

Did you update your firmware to 1.61? Thats the annoying thing...I have the game downloaded but don't know how to update to wave 4. Did you do it youself or did someone else do it for you?

Archived