The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

Some local Melbourne artists, each living about 2KM different directions from me. I, cough, discovered both on CDC, have seen since. The first brilliant, becoming an international star, a looper / sampler / DJ playing all her own instruments.

The 2knd raw, emotional requiring a content alert. Singing while devastated, extremely open about suicide, addiction, family, depression even if he does not know it; the bluest of blue's in an indie song by a struggling artist. His bands biggest hit, Dry & some great backyard shit in the spoiler below. An unadulterated smoke dope, brawl, f**k, except sex don't feel very nice, when the feeling is dry, and party band with U tube success. This gut wrenching song first.

Spoiler

Dry studio published version;  

Backyard version; raw and awesome

High as a kite camping;

Hating on that lady taking ten minutes to order a Chai, while I'm in line...

• Cheers 1
34 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I have my fingers crossed, may see in 2 weeks!

Larkin Poe quoted the slide guitar sound that influenced her.  LP I have posted 4 or 7 times as my favorite 'modern' blues act. The influence Little Son Joe...

(It was already on my desktop, as we listened to Memphis Minnie this morning > who plays guitar on this cut). I always read & explore influences of my favorite artists. This was just sitting there...