The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

My home mountain, Mt.Hotham 

20 seasons

The lead singer and I spent 5 seasons sleeping in our cars skiing/ boarding every day.

Worked with the drummer in our shop, The Freezer, for five years

It doesn't get any better than this 

Edited by Ilunga
  • Like 1
On 9/7/2023 at 11:42 AM, Citizen Erased said:

She deliberately dates bad men, so she can write hit songs about them and profit from it. What a woman’s rights advocate she is. :rolleyes:

Also, her fans are horrible. They are an online lynch mob who goes after anyone they feel who has slighted her.

One of my favourite bands, Tool, released their first new album in 13 years in 2019 and it knocked her off the top of the charts. Her fans were outraged at how “this new band” came out of nowhere and took her rightful place at number one of the charts. The singer responded by posting a hilarious Avengers themed meme about knocking her off and it only enraged them further. 

Could contain: Face, Head, Person, Photography, Portrait, Costume, Adult, Male, Man, Glove

Not sure about the first part. She's wrote songs about people she hasn't publicly dated (hey stephen), so I'm not sure that's entirely true. I saw an interview where she said (when she was younger) something like; she'll find song-writing motivation/material from relationships or even random people in public she finds attractive - then creates a story. She absolutely leans into 'love' a crazy amount - which I've heard her own, saying its the most interesting thing to her - but ultimately she's an artist telling stories. Artists are atypical (duh) & I don't think she's put out any explicit diss tracks or anything like that - certainly not when compared historically (90's). Idk, maybe I'm wrong. 

2nd part is more than likely true. I'm not into/familiar with her fan community but from what I've seen its massive & crazy. Wouldn't doubt it for a second.

3rd part is basically a continuation of point #2, but good for Tool. Obviously a beloved band, take your victory lap. 

Personally speaking I'm not really into that kind of drama stuff. I generally seem to avoid whatever is popular at the time then whatever might be good finds its way into my orbit years later. And I've never been a big pop music fan at all, mostly an alt rock guy.

But I listened to Taylor's 2022 album and it connected for me.. idk, then I went down the rabbit hole & found alot more I liked. She was starting out when I was in high-school so some of her early stuff was part of the 'Zeitgeist', maybe there's something to that, but I just think shes a good artist at the end of the day & I'm not at all interested in being apart the craziness you rightly mention. Its unfortunate, I'm just here for the music haha.

Try, Try, Try is a great song tho!

Edited by Smashian Kassian