The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

wooooo Clijsters is back baby!!

i loved her before she retired and was stoked that she came out of retirement but even i didn't expect her to win her first tournament back

good for her, she played some tough opponents and she handled the serena williams outburst with a lot of class.

on that note, serena's temper loss is being made into way too much of a big deal. she didn't commit a foot fault and didn't deserve to be penalized. i'm an athlete so i understand a momentary loss of temper. i think she's been fined.

on another note, the between-the-legs shot by federer against djok was a thing of beauty

There is no way to tell for sure from the angle shown on TV if it was a foot fault, the line judge had a much better angle so I'd stick with her call, as for the penalty, she threatened the line judge, (she threatened to shove the f-ing ball down her f-ing throat) that should be enough to get you thrown out in any sport.

Serena's outburst only seems bad because tennis players are always polite, gracious, and deferential.

So much for polite

Federer just gave it to the ump for letting Del Potro challenge way after the fact.

The ump told Federer to be quiet:

Federer's reply "Don't tell me to be quiet ok, when i want to talk I'll talk, I don't give a sh!t what he said!"

I've never heard Roger swear, awesome!

Choke job 2 straight double faults to give Federer the set :D

2-1 sets lead.

Still forces the 5th... Oh God I am absolutely loving this.

Too bad I'm streaming and it keeps god damn skipping. I can barely keep up with what's going on because everything is sooo choppy. FRICK.

love love love love love love

looooooooooooove

Del Potro. Ahh it was so touching to see him nearly in tears when he was doing his thing in Spanish...

I love Federer too but I had to admire how Del Potro came back and kept trying to play his best, even when he gave the 3rd set away on two double faults! That was ridiculous, by the way, but somehow he managed to get back on track. That's a good sign for the future... He's only 20 and has tons of room to grow.

The U.S. Open crowd sucks.

And omg it was so awkward when they were presenting the money and stuff to Del Potro... It was just weird. Clearly you could see he just wanted to get that part over with!

congrats to Del Porto (only 20 yrs old!!) he has a great career ahead of him.

Federer did not look like his old self today especially when it came to serving. He had many double faults and far fewer aces than he usually would in a game of this manner.