And for those who are still writting him off due to size:

Schroeder - 5'9 - 179

P.Kane - 5'11 - 181

Baertschi - 5'11 - 189

Parise - 5'11 - 195

Ennis - 5'9 - 157

Gerbe - 5'5 - 178

Eberle - 5'11 - 184

Should I go on? All of them are NHL Regulars, some star players. (with the exception of Baertschi who I threw in cause everyone loves him).

If he could get up to about 185 he will be fine (the more the better). And maybe he will grow an inch? I think Kane was 5'10 last year then he grew a bit so maybe JS will too.

^^^ The problem is all them players are wingers not centers. I do agree JS will make the NHL but I think it will be as a winger not a center. IMO JS is the perfect player to have on a line at R-wing with kesler-booth due to JS speed.skill and playmaking i think it would be a lethal line for us.

Um no...

Tyler Ennis is a center...if you recall he centered Buffalo's top line for a while with Foligno and Stafford on wing.

Nathan Gerbe is a natural center but so happens plays wing on the Sabres.

At points of last season Parise and Kane were both called upon to be pivots as well for a short reasonable amount of time. Jordan Schroeder proved he is not as effective as a winger. They already tried testing him there when playing in Manitoba and was less productive as a winger.

Schroeder is different than all of those players because he doesn't have the same amount of speed. He's decent, but it will be fairly average in the NHL. I remember watching Schroeder play back when he was with the Gophers, and say that he was more like a Derek Roy. The problem we are seeing is that, he is also lacking the intensity of those smaller players that are listed. Though, i do believe he'll have a stint with the Canucks, i think he won't reach his maximum potential until he goes over to the east or a weaker team. The Canucks are soft enough with the twins, and because of that, it doesn't seem make sense to add a forward like Schroeder in the top six.

there are actually 2 that haven't played a regular season game in the NHL

Chris Kreider - taken 3 before us by the Rags (technically played in the playoffs, so I guess that counts)

Philippe Paradis, the hurricanes prospect taken 5 spots behind us at 27th overall

also, there are 3 players who have played less than 5 games, Scott Glennie (1 game, dallas, 8th), Calvin de Haan (1, Iles, 12th), and Peter Holland, (4, Anaheim,15th)

Philippe Paradis was a waste of a pick and everyone knew it at the time he was selected. There was no reason for him to be selected in the 1st round. Schroeder looked like a top 10 player with plenty of potential, who just had a great season in his first year of collect as a under ager.

Scott Glennie is a bust under the circumstances. It's usually what happens in junior when player's play with top end talent. Brayden Schenn clearly made Glennie look good.

Svensson looked like has turning out to be a keeper, but Edmonton destroyed the kids confidence by putting him in the NHL too soon.

Ryan Ellis probably won't live up to what he was suppose to be. I always said the guy was overrated, at the time of the draft, there were people wanting him in the top 5. Insane stuff.

Krieder was a mystery kid playing in high school that was absolutely dominating Gretzky style, and didn't even produce that well playing in college, but it's his tools that will make him a big time player in the NHL.

David Savard was thought to be in this group, but dropped down to the 4th round has developed nicely. There's was risk because QMJHL wasn't hasn't been exactly the best place in developing defense man.

there's just too much unpredictability in drafts and every year we'll have different points of views of the players but it's really hard to argue that Schroeder was a bad pick, since at the time. his potential was huge.

^^^ The problem is all them players are wingers not centers. I do agree JS will make the NHL but I think it will be as a winger not a center. IMO JS is the perfect player to have on a line at R-wing with kesler-booth due to JS speed.skill and playmaking i think it would be a lethal line for us.

Ennis is a center (and he's only 157). Kane was playing center last year for a long stretch, Gerbe is a natural center aswell as wing.

But I do think using him on RW would be nice, but either way I think there are examples to show if he works hard enough at getting better he can be an NHL player at either position.

Ennis is a center (and he's only 157). Kane was playing center last year for a long stretch, Gerbe is a natural center aswell as wing.

But I do think using him on RW would be nice, but either way I think there are examples to show if he works hard enough at getting better he can be an NHL player at either position.

Schroeder did play parts of last season as a winger - it did not go well.

But, that may change when he has two NHL players (Booth and Kesler) rather than 2 AHL players.

Schroeder did play parts of last season as a winger - it did not go well.

But, that may change when he has two NHL players (Booth and Kesler) rather than 2 AHL players.

Then start him at 3rd line center, he has really been working on his defensive game and playing with Hansen and Higgins/Raymond + 2nd PP time would be a good spot for him offensively (Basicly what Coho got last year)

Then start him at 3rd line center, he has really been working on his defensive game and playing with Hansen and Higgins/Raymond + 2nd PP time would be a good spot for him offensively (Basicly what Coho got last year)

I agree - that is the way to go.

Archived