The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

I don't follow Coho and JS closely enough, but is it official yet?

Schroeder > Hodgson?

no, not even close to making the comparison yet, and hodgson will always be the better all around player, but schroeder will be a top notch offensive winger with some defensive awareness. I'm just glad we will not have to choose between them.

The Heats should have been based in Surrey instead of Abbotsford. They would have drawn a lot more fans that way. I mean Surrey have 400,000 people, while Abbotsford only have 160,000 people. Surrey is also closer to the general Vancouver area.

Surrey is 30 mins to Abby and Grandview and Boundary 45mins. Really not far for hockey. Toronto is bigger then entire mainland and people come from all parts for Marlies and Leafs.

But other post re not a real hockey town maybe more accurate.

Vancouver isn't really a hockey town, more of a Canucks town.

A true hockey mad city will be filling all the Giants + BCHL games (maybe even college/university level too) but we all know that isn't the case.

I think that might be hitting the nail on the head.

I think that might be hitting the nail on the head.

Give me a freakin' break. It's the Calgary Flames farm team. I think if that wasn't the case I would support them but as it stands I only go to Heat games to watch the Moose, or the Heat lose. This is a plenty good hockey town.

If there was a swap and the Canucks farm team was here, and it was stocked with Canucks prospects, I bet it would attract more fans. Having Calgary's farm team hurts I think.

I agree though, there are more than enough fans, the Giants and Bruins at least should be selling out every game. My problem is I work until 7pm most nights so I would always miss the first period of home games. :(

I'd love to get season's tickets or a mini-pack for the Giants. ($135 for 9 games, or $265 for 18 games, that's fantastic!) Hopefully by next season my work schedule will adjust and I can get out to some games.

People are always moaning how expensive Canuck games are should really start going to WHL games. That's where the future players are coming from!

If there was a swap and the Canucks farm team was here, and it was stocked with Canucks prospects, I bet it would attract more fans. Having Calgary's farm team hurts I think.

I agree though, there are more than enough fans, the Giants and Bruins at least should be selling out every game. My problem is I work until 7pm most nights so I would always miss the first period of home games. :(

I'd love to get season's tickets or a mini-pack for the Giants. ($135 for 9 games, or $265 for 18 games, that's fantastic!) Hopefully by next season my work schedule will adjust and I can get out to some games.

People are always moaning how expensive Canuck games are should really start going to WHL games. That's where the future players are coming from!

....the atmosphere and intensity at a Giants playoff game is amazing as well!

it absolutely hurts.

If it were any eastern conference team's affiliate (or the affiliate of a non rival) then it would attract more. If it were the canucks affiliate it would probably sell out every game, or at least come close.

If it were any eastern conference team's affiliate (or the affiliate of a non rival) then it would attract more. If it were the canucks affiliate it would probably sell out every game, or at least come close.

Hamilton supports a Habs affiliate, they have Leafs and Senators for NHL.

I don't get Canuck fans who say they are HOCKEY fans who can't support the 2nd best hockey in North America for a quarter of the Price.

Plus it's like Bushs war statement if you aren't with us your against us.

Look at where the boys are from on the Heat: Burnaby, North Van, Abbotsford.

Get off the brainwash band wagon and support our future. Cause if we don't Americans will then the leauge will be all Yanks.

NHL is just realizing where revenue comes from 1/3 Canada. Which is why more NHL teams are coming back.

Hopefully too AHL in west.

Finally having the Heat in the Valleyis saving Minor Hockey. With 50/50 alone govt cuts cost a loss of $16k, it's been replaced and more with the Heat.

I went last night and I would say it was about 50/50 fan support, with some people cheering for both teams.

I think the Heat production team should deal in reality though when it comes to a Moose/Heat game. People in Abbotsford are Canucks fans, not Flames fans. Put a few people with Canucks jerseys on the big screen, show some in game highlights of the Canucks prospects. And don't pick a guy wearing an Iginla flames jersey to feature on the screen and give a prize... ;)

Hamilton supports a Habs affiliate, they have Leafs and Senators for NHL.

I don't get Canuck fans who say they are HOCKEY fans who can support the 2nd best hockey in North America for a quarter of the Price.

Plus it's like Bushs war statement if you aren't with us your against us.

Look at where the bigs are frim in the Heat: Burnaby, North Van, Abbotsford.

Get if the brainwash band wagon and support our future. Cause if we don Americans will then the leauge will be all Yanks.

NHL is just realizing where revenue comes from 1/3 Canada. Which is why more NHL teams are coming back.

Hopefully too AHL in west.

I wish you would learn to express yourself better. you really do not make good arguments, and those that might hold weight are destroyed by your lack of grammar/spelling. I don't even understand half of the things you write.

I went last night and I would say it was about 50/50 fan support, with some people cheering for both teams.

I think the Heat production team should deal in reality though when it comes to a Moose/Heat game. People in Abbotsford are Canucks fans, not Flames fans. Put a few people with Canucks jerseys on the big screen, show some in game highlights of the Canucks prospects. And don't pick a guy wearing an Iginla flames jersey to feature on the screen and give a prize... ;)

we all boo'd that guy.

Give me a freakin' break. It's the Calgary Flames farm team. I think if that wasn't the case I would support them but as it stands I only go to Heat games to watch the Moose, or the Heat lose. This is a plenty good hockey town.

That is my feeling too. If the Heats is owned by some unrelated team like the TB Lightning I won't care. But Heats is owned by the Flames, our division rival, so I personally won't be cheering the Heats on. Cheering for the Heats=>Cheering for young Flames=>Cheering for the Flames.

This conflict of interest means the Heats will never be as popular as they could have been. Like other said this is a Canucks mad city. So I am sure many people share my point of view.

Moose and Heat should switch location. It just makes sense.

And at the end of the day, I still don't see why they chose Abbotsford over Surrey.

That is my feeling too. If the Heats is owned by some unrelated team like the TB Lightning I won't care. But Heats is owned by the Flames, our division rival, so I personally won't be cheering the Heats on. Cheering for the Heats=>Cheering for young Flames=>Cheering for the Flames.

This conflict of interest means the Heats will never be as popular as they could have been. Like other said this is a Canucks mad city. So I am sure many people share my point of view.

Exactly. What sane Canucks fan cheers for a bitter rival team, who was responsible for multiple Canuck playoff exits, and their prospects? I wonder what attendance "Hockeyville" would have if the Sens had their farm team in Toronto instead of the Maple Leafs' Marlies.

Heatfan, get a clue. The Heat 'stars' of today (mind you they are all our rejected 'prospects' lol) are the Canuck burning Flame players of tomorrow. Why would any Canuck fan support that?

I wish you would learn to express yourself better. you really do not make good arguments, and those that might hold weight are destroyed by your lack of grammar/spelling. I don't even understand half of the things you write.

Typing on Iphone not easy to correct posts. But get your point.

Pretty exciting to see him managing the transition to the pros very well. :)

I think the most interesting thing is his shooting % right now. The Moose site has it listed as 0.300 at the moment. That's absurd. Obviously it's probably an inflated number, but that shows some real finish. towel.gif

And at the end of the day, I still don't see why they chose Abbotsford over Surrey.

abbotsford has an airport, Surrey doesn't.

its already far for AHL teams to come out this way. would it also not be more expensive to land at YVR

You make a good point, I'll pass that on to some front staffers I know.

Most Abby Canuck fans feel the same way. The only time I can take a loss or pay additional attention is when the Moose are in the house.

It was cool seeing Canuck management so close too.

Archived