The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Cody is probably 5'11, and Schroeder is 5'7.5 probaby.

some people refer to their height when on skates and others on bare foot, so its a bit different, as well as the fact that players at this age are most likely still growing, like Hodgson who was drafted at 5'10 180 pounds, now he is 6'0 188-190 pounds.

Im not sure about schroeder though. I think he has gained some weight from working out, not sure about the height.

Prediction for Schroeder: He comes to camp and really impresses but because of forward depth management decides it would be best for him to spend a full year with the Moose. He goes to the Moose and gets converted to a full-time winger. He then becomes one of their top scorers, maybe he will get a few call ups if there is injuries to the top-six. Final points on the Moose 29 goals, 42 assists, 71 points in 70 games. Final points on the Canucks 3 goals, 3 assists in 10 games

That actually seems pretty realistic.

There is going to be a lot of competition at camp this fall. The benefit of that is that a team can take more time to develop it's players. This is what MG said he wanted to create and he seemingly has. The Canucks have depth in skill and youth. I remember in the 70's and early 80's The Montreal Canadians seemed to have an endless supply of really good players in the minors. Players that were seemingly totally prepared for the NHL when they got there. They never missed a beat. It's been done before and MG is doing a great job on creating that. It takes time. A guy like Schroeder knows his personal career will flourish under this kind of system. If it's not with the Canucks it will be some where else in the end because of what he's doing now. Both parties win here. The reason I'm going on about this is because there are those who want to trade their way to a Cup. Vancouver not only wants to win the Cup they want to keep the Cup, see the old Montreal plan. So for those of you on Mike Gillis' back about some choices he's made that haven't turned out look up and see the direction this club is taking. Sure the fans can be unrealistically optimist at the beginning of the season but this coming year and looking over the last few years one can see direction that has traction towards a positive out come.

I went to the Calgary forum this morning and pointed out, respectfully I might add, the upward direction Colorodo,

Edmonton, and Vancouver were moving with more or less the same phylosophy. The same can not be said for Calgary. So for those of you that like lots of dumb trades and signings head on over to the Falmes forums. It's a foggy place like the Canuck lands of old. Lots of false hope. There are still people that think Sutter knows what he's doing. Go check it out, it's hallerious. A little off topic but fun. :)

I will say this about the Calgary forum. There are people there that express themselves very well and there are some great reads. Be respectful no matter how some of those people react. You have to treat the down and out like Jesus did, with love. Ahhhh maybe not.

Does anyone know how tall Jordan Schroeder actually is? According, to EP he is 5'8" they are usually pretty reliable.

I know many people can say this, but i am 5'7"1/2 and i met Schroeder and he was just slightly taller than me (about 1/2 - 1 inch). We were both in shoes so I think that measurement is fairly accurate, based on the pictures i have.

The more I see of this guy the more I like.I think he was selected for his intelligence as well as his skill. One of the three Gillis looks for I seem to recall. This guy is freaking strong man, his forearms are like Bure's. He is probably one of the strongest guys around pound for pound. Hopefully like others said he sprouts a bit. That being said his attitude seems great and he seems to have a committment to forchecing as that one utube video pointed out. He also put up really good numbers in the AHL. I'm not sure but 15 points in 17 games off the hop is not bad for your first professional gig is it not?

Edit: What are the 3? Skill Intelligence Character

The more I see of this guy the more I like.I think he was selected for his intelligence as well as his skill. One of the three Gillis looks for I seem to recall. This guy is freaking strong man, his forearms are like Bure's. He is probably one of the strongest guys around pound for pound. Hopefully like others said he sprouts a bit. That being said his attitude seems great and he seems to have a committment to forchecing as that one utube video pointed out. He also put up really good numbers in the AHL. I'm not sure but 15 points in 17 games off the hop is not bad for your first professional gig is it not?

Unless I'm mistaken, he was the strongest pound for pound at the combine.

pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence

Oh wait that's what someone on a losing team said, my bad.

If he is so tough, shouldn't he have dominated USHL. Im skeptical as to why he did so poorly his sophmore season in Minnesota. I know he didn't have the same lines-mates but he still had Patty White (bonafide all-star). I think Shroeder was Shreddin the puss and not worrying about his hockey skills. Watch SOB to bring Shroeder under his wing.....at the ROXY

/humor+speculation.

If he is so tough, shouldn't he have dominated USHL. Im skeptical as to why he did so poorly his sophmore season in Minnesota. I know he didn't have the same lines-mates but he still had Patty White (bonafide all-star). I think Shroeder was Shreddin the puss and not worrying about his hockey skills. Watch SOB to bring Shroeder under his wing.....at the ROXY

/humor+speculation.

he wasn't in the USHL except for when he was plying for the US National Team Development Program... and he was 16 at the time (just turned 16 at the start of the '06 season.) So here you have a 16 year old playing against guys that were as old as 20/21.

Now as for his final year at the Univ of Minnesota...

I've already gone into this several times in this thread (although they were MANY pages ago.) The nuts n bolts of it was that Jordan was playing with a kid who was a "checking line" player AT BEST a lot of the time.. now I don't mean a NHL level checker either. Also consider that a boat load of talent has left early to sign a contract in the NHL (not to play for the NHL club... but so they could play in the AHL.) There is a reason for all these kids leaving early.

ah thanks for the tid-bit, i appreciate the sincere answer. As a centremen, isnt his job to make the players around him better? he should have been able to elevate the top line regardless if he didnt win very many games. the gophers are a recognizable hockey program in the US that attracts top end talent. Are you saying they had ZERO talent to aid Shroeder?

Archived