The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Yo Face In The Twilight Sparkle Party

Rate this topic

Gerg

Thought I would post my Dads pic...he died last weekend...lived a long life and loved his country,,he was in the North Atlantic Squad.running convoys from Halifax to England. I will scatter his ashes in the ocean for him.

006_zps33ad4df6.jpg

Geez my condolences. Hell of a job to be running the Black Gap amazing any of them made it back at all. The two Brit vet's in the second photo are both Royal Navy who served in the North Atlantic amazing individuals.

We've got alot of Canadian and British WW2 vet's living down here and every year that number grows smaller and smaller.

• Upvote 2

Hey Shaky, that's an awesome picture of your Dad - thanks for sharing. Thoughts are with you....

Thanks Deb...I kept most of this quiet...but you know when you get that call it is still stunning,,,,my Dad was a strong man...I guess I got that from him...I remember once I had tickets to a LA KINGS game and he was chomping to go and at that time I started collecting cards...ha...so did he...I created a monster and a true CANUCK FAN>

Geez my condolences. Hell of a job to be running the Black Gap amazing any of them made it back at all. The two Brit vet's in the second photo are both Royal Navy who served in the North Atlantic amazing individuals.

We've got alot of Canadian and British WW2 vet's living down here and every year that number grows smaller and smaller.

Yep..grew smaller by one last weekend..he loved the Navy and told me many stories...my Dad and I were never close until later in life...but I am proud as sh%% of him...cheers.