The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Peter Andersson | D

Get real canuck fans

Well his contract expires this season and he's 23 years old. I haven't heard his name mentioned at all by JB or TL. If he's not showing any signs of improving, I wouldn't be surprised if he's let go at the end of this season.

I remember when people were really high on this kid back in the Hodgson/Schroeder days.

I thought it was gonna develop like Edler, but less physical.

Even a guy like Yann Sauve wasn't even kept around, I doubt Andersson will want to stay with the Canucks organization, especially when there's no room on the big squad (Corrado being the next in line, and maybe Sanguinetti after that) and additional prospects ready to jump into the AHL soon (Jordan Subban, McNally, etc).

I thought it was gonna develop like Edler, but less physical.

Even a guy like Yann Sauve wasn't even kept around, I doubt Andersson will want to stay with the Canucks organization, especially when there's no room on the big squad (Corrado being the next in line, and maybe Sanguinetti after that) and additional prospects ready to jump into the AHL soon (Jordan Subban, McNally, etc).

Given the limit on how many contracts a team can take, it tends to make much more sense to go for someone else anyway, unless if management sees something extra special in him.

• 4 months later...

Andersson is good in most aspects of his game, but not great in any one area.

If our D depth was what it used to be he might have a shot. But at this point we have enough depth guys who bring more to the table.

Can't complain too much, he was a 5th round pick. He was a big part of Utica winning their conference.

Andersson is good in most aspects of his game, but not great in any one area.

If our D depth was what it used to be he might have a shot. But at this point we have enough depth guys who bring more to the table.

Can't complain too much, he was a 5th round pick. He was a big part of Utica winning their conference.

He will forever been know as the guy who throw the puck over the glass with 0.1 second left :P

Archived