The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

The thing about Vancouver and generally coastal cities, is that the humidity is far higher in Vancouver. Then say, kelowna. I lived in kelowna for 15 years, yes it gets really hot there in the summer ( I remember one summer it said 44 degrees on our outdoor themometer. My point is that 30 degrees in Vancouver with humidity will feel like 33 , 34.

A 30 degree day in Vancouver is far more uncomfortable then a 30 degree day in kelowna.

And have you been elsewhere?

I feel that Vancouver is really dry, lol.

Edited by luineul

And have you been elsewhere?

I feel that Vancouver is really dry, lol.

Southern Ontario is far more humid than Vancouver. It's death there in the summer. And yes kelowna is dryer than Vancouver. You want really dry? Go to las Vegas lol. 43 off the plane but it was manageable.

Southern Ontario is far more humid than Vancouver. It's death there in the summer. And yes kelowna is dryer than Vancouver. You want really dry? Go to las Vegas lol. 43 off the plane but it was manageable.

Yeah, I believe you haha.

Is Vancouver relatively dry though? Like if you were take an average across the globe or something...

30 degree?!?! Seriously.... Come over here in Vegas and try dealing with 40- 50 degrees super dry-heat with smog and no rains for months! It like hell out here.. :(

But Vegas has to be prepared for all that heat... Most buildings have air conditioning, don't they?

I do pity you though. That's brutal. I can't imagine humidity making that any better though, lol.

30 degree?!?! Seriously.... Come over here in Vegas and try dealing with 40- 50 degrees super dry-heat with smog and no rains for months! It like hell out here.. :(

Lol. I went there in august a couple years ago. 44 wren we landed. But boy was it fun:).

Been there during the summer before. Much worse than vancouver

Depending on who you believe, it's only supposed to get as high as 26C (Environment Canada) or as high as 30C (weather.com).

Anyways, no big deal. It's supposed to pass in less than a week anyways. Should be just long enough to enjoy summer, without lingering long enough to get sick of the heat.

Question: Hot chocolate under the sun or Iced capp/frappucino in the snow??

Ice capp in the snow any day. I am much more tolerant of cold weather. Also it is easy to warm up on a snow day by physically exerting yourself but it is difficult to cool yourself down without escaping the heat.