The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Heat Wave?

tapeboy

Went to Kits beach today. Was crazy hot and probably not the best choice but the water was nice as ever though. Best thing about summer are the evening breezes. It's just so perfect.

And having a nice cool basement helps a ton too.

Like, which cities?

If I ever lived somewhere like that, I would lose 30lbs the first week.

I've lived in Cairo, Egypt for 1 year and once visited an Iranian city, Ahwaz, for 2 months. Ahwaz can reach 55 degree celsius in the summer with sand storms blowing from Iraq. You would be covered in dirt and sand if you went out for 10 minutes.

Sandstorm-Ahvaz1.jpg

Holy crap its hot out and inside, I went into my parked car today which was parked outside and it has leather interior and HOLY F*** I jumped out of the car it was on fire I got like a second degree burn from sitting in it. Also does anybody know how much portable air conditioners would cost at the store?

Holy crap its hot out and inside, I went into my parked car today which was parked outside and it has leather interior and HOLY F*** I jumped out of the car it was on fire I got like a second degree burn from sitting in it. Also does anybody know how much portable air conditioners would cost at the store?

No need to buy an air conditioner in Vancouver when there is probably 1 month of heat wave in a year. I suggest you sleep naked with all the windows opened with a fan blasting air close to your face or you can sleep outside in a tent (depending where you live). Maybe wrap a wet towel with a couple of ice cubes around your head after a cold shower and have a fan blowing over your head. I learned a lot of strategies in staying cool when I had to deal with a worse heat wave than this tongue.gif

there are raccoons in my backyard though.... :mellow:

The raccoons won't do anything if you don't bother them. You could close your tent if you are scared laugh.gif

At least it is better than having skunks in your backyard.

No need to buy an air conditioner in Vancouver when there is probably 1 month of heat wave in a year. I suggest you sleep naked with all the windows opened with a fan blasting air close to your face or you can sleep outside in a tent (depending where you live). Maybe wrap a wet towel with a couple of ice cubes around your head after a cold shower and have a fan blowing over your head. I learned a lot of strategies in staying cool when I had to deal with a worse heat wave than this tongue.gif

I get a headache if I do those things.

Are you all the same people who were complaining when it was raining in May and June? This isn't hot. Well, okay it is. But it's not unbearable. This city has an amazing temperate climate, we get hot, cold and everything in between. Vancouver rules and this weather rules too.

all those things are so bad for you... you can easily get a severe cold and headache the very next day.