The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Solid performance considering he was suffering from the flu. One of the better dmen, for the most part tonight. Effective 5 on 5 and on the PK...a little lackluster on the PP, but not terrible. He did take a bad penalty with a high hit with his hands along the boards in the 1st. It didn't cost us, so no harm no foul. And i clearly saw him jump into the fray after the whistle aggressively infront of his net, when someone took a shot at our player....but because he didn't drop his gloves and take an instigating penalty, so...i guess it doesn't mean anything to some.

+2 tonight, 3rd overall TOI for defencemen with 22:36 min.

Overall +5 rating which is good for a tie for 1st on the team among all defencemen, with Alberts.

I was pleased with his overall efforts.

Bieksa has played well for the last four games. It was interesting to see him with Edler tonight, and Ehrhoff with Hamhuis. The Edler/Bieksa pairing played well together, Ehrhoff/Hamhuis was okay, not great.

Bieksa has played well for the last four games. It was interesting to see him with Edler tonight, and Ehrhoff with Hamhuis. The Edler/Bieksa pairing played well together, Ehrhoff/Hamhuis was okay, not great.

I sorta like Edler and Bieksa together to be honest. I wouldn't even mind Edler taking care of the offensive duties of that tandem and let Bieksa worry more about the defensive duties. He seems to be improving in that area. Who knows...it could be good for Edler's numbers and capabilities and for Ehrhoff and Hamhuis , for the same reasons.

It'll take a bit of time, but I can see a potential.

Maybe it's just me.

Anyone notice that one rush into the zone how fast Bieksa skated I think it was off the set faceoff play in the neutral zone.

Why can't he skate with more purpose like that all the time?

He is too nonchalant when he is skating with the puck.

In the offensive zone he is always passing even when he should shoot.

There were a couple of times he passed across the ice dangerously to Edler.

If that would have been intercepted then it would be a clear cut breakaway.

Bieksa is playing ok right now. Not great.

Solid performance considering he was suffering from the flu. One of the better dmen, for the most part tonight. Effective 5 on 5 and on the PK...a little lackluster on the PP, but not terrible. He did take a bad penalty with a high hit with his hands along the boards in the 1st. It didn't cost us, so no harm no foul. And i clearly saw him jump into the fray after the whistle aggressively infront of his net, when someone took a shot at our player....but because he didn't drop his gloves and take an instigating penalty, so...i guess it doesn't mean anything to some.

+2 tonight, 3rd overall TOI for defencemen with 22:36 min.

Overall +5 rating which is good for a tie for 1st on the team among all defencemen, with Alberts.

I was pleased with his overall efforts.

He went after Rutuu very agressively.

Made a nice check on spezza shortly there after.

Nice move to get position at the crease in front of luongo at the 6:05 mark of the second.

Anyone notice that one rush into the zone how fast Bieksa skated I think it was off the set faceoff play in the neutral zone.

Why can't he skate with more purpose like that all the time?

He is too nonchalant when he is skating with the puck.

In the offensive zone he is always passing even when he should shoot.

There were a couple of times he passed across the ice dangerously to Edler.

If that would have been intercepted then it would be a clear cut breakaway.

Bieksa is playing ok right now. Not great.

He must be doing something right, if this is the best scathing criticism we're seeing. (That and the obligatory unfunny photos posted for the umpteenth time by CANUCKELION)

As to your points:

He did pass up an excellent shooting opportunity to make a low percentage pass to Danny which went back the other way. However, he used his "nonchalant" skating style to get back into position by his own blue line, turning the Ottawa breakout into a non-issue.

The cross-ice passes with Edler were close, but were completed. That's why these are NHLers.

I sorta like Edler and Bieksa together to be honest. I wouldn't even mind Edler taking care of the offensive duties of that tandem and let Bieksa worry more about the defensive duties. He seems to be improving in that area. Who knows...it could be good for Edler's numbers and capabilities and for Ehrhoff and Hamhuis , for the same reasons.

It'll take a bit of time, but I can see a potential.

Maybe it's just me.

I thought Bowness came up with some good combos last night. He deserves kudos for that.

Ehrhoff gets a pass with his "Bieksa" like giveaways from the debbie-downers?!!!

Yep...CDC, where fair and balanced assessments rarely exists.

And this is why other players get brought up in this thread.

Bieksa became the whipping boy and quite frankly he earned it a bit. The problem is that for some people there is nothing he can do to get out of that title.

Bieksa is playing good this season. A lot of folks still won't give him credit. It's easy to hate on Bieksa, seeing less of it though now that there seems to be a little back lash for bashing him.

Archived