The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

I'm getting frustrated with some of the dengeons, and meaninglesd turning of stones.. Or coming across vampires or mages that kill you with 1 hit .

Try working on forging/improving your armor and weapons. That really helps during battles. Also, get lots of experience in battles closer to Whiterun...easier than when you travel too far out. Enchanted items (especially armor) help protect you from those nasty "don't have a chance" deaths.

Also, what works for me is to use a one-handed sword and no shield, so that I can heal while slicing away at my enemies.

I've kept the Vilkas sword and improved it and it's doing well in battle (I'm only level 9 - damn work and child-raising getting in the way :lol: )

Hang in there!

EDIT: P.S. I jumped off a really big waterfall tonight. :towel:

Master necromancers on master difficulty is a total pain... Dragons no problem, giants no problem, everything else no problem... Necromancers a huge fracking problem.

Has anyone maxed their sneak with all perks on the skill tree for it? How awesome is it once you do?

The way I see it is that when you level up everything is supposed to level with you but I think it is like you move up a level bracket so now your top end enemies are just to powerful for you but in say 3 or 4 more levels it will be fine. The leveling system is hard in this sometimes I came across a Draugr Overlord and he could 1 shot me with his bow so I'll just wait a few levels and go back and wipe the floor with his face. Additionally it is always easier I find to just be a physical character(swords, shields, etc.) because lots of stuff is resistant to magic and it is just more straight forward game play but it isn't always the most rewarding.

If you go into a dungeon at say...Level 9, everything in the dungeon will be at that level, even if you leave and come back. If you had enough time on your hands, you could go inside every single place at Level 1....and then dominate the whole game and be fighting Level 1's throughout the whole game. Lol.

If you go into a dungeon at say...Level 9, everything in the dungeon will be at that level, even if you leave and come back. If you had enough time on your hands, you could go inside every single place at Level 1....and then dominate the whole game and be fighting Level 1's throughout the whole game. Lol.

But depending on what you keep putting your stats into you can easily become stretched to thin be outclassed in those mid levels.

Level 44 Breton Paladin

400hp

330stam

200magic

85% magic resistence (130% with shield)

160% 1h dmg/skill

Weapon is 'Searing Doom', legendary daedric 1h sword: 226dmg, burns target for 31points and absorbs 20 health

Shield is ' Spell Barrier 72 armor' 20% magic resist + 37% shock resist

Rest of armor is my 'Doomslayer' set which is a light dragon armor with 160% 1h skill, 50% magic regen. 25% stam regen., +100 stam / magic.

Had to up the difficulty as casters/dragons are a complete joke now. I think its time to finish the main storyline, something i have not done in any TES game lol.

Edit: BTW all my armor and weapons are created using 100ench and 100 smith, with skill points used in obvious slots, and a smithing potion and are renamed.

After messing around on a 2h Nord I remade this toon and did not waste points in heavy/light armor. Instead I put points into block and used a 1h and haven't look back since. Other points i used where in speech to allow any merchant to buy any item + 20% better prices, filled the smith tree, filled the block tree except for the Quick Relexes, filled the enchanting except for imp. frost and shock dmg, and a bit in 1h for 80% more dmg. I do not use any magic except for healing after a fight, and clairvoyence(sp?), and i do not use a bow although i got a sweet one i made.

If you are new to this game i strongly suggest 1h + shield and put points into elemental protection(shield tree). That gives you defence against everything, melee, casters, range, dragons. Any other questions just ask.

How do I increase the weight I can carry, Im a wood elf and i cant carry much, I always end up taking multiple trips when I kill a dragon and loot those heavy bones and scales.

Increasing Stamina when you level up will improve the amount you can carry by 5. Also, there is a stone called the Steed Stone which allows you to carry 100 more weight than the limit, and removes any movement penalty from armour. It is located WEST-NORTHWEST of SOLITUDE, in the mountains near some castle-like structure.

Master necromancers on master difficulty is a total pain... Dragons no problem, giants no problem, everything else no problem... Necromancers a huge fracking problem.

Has anyone maxed their sneak with all perks on the skill tree for it? How awesome is it once you do?

I'm level 14, but my sneak skill is at level 50. I haven't put all my perk points into it, but I do have Stealth, Backstab, Deadly Aim, and when I level up I'll get Assassin's Blade. Can't wait to get my Vampiric Assassin's Creed Wood Elf character going. I'm already a stage IV vampire lol.

I'm level 14, but my sneak skill is at level 50. I haven't put all my perk points into it, but I do have Stealth, Backstab, Deadly Aim, and when I level up I'll get Assassin's Blade. Can't wait to get my Vampiric Assassin's Creed Wood Elf character going. I'm already a stage IV vampire lol.

Is there a person that you can talk to like Aela The Huntress (for archery leveling), except for stealth? Or do you just have to sneak around a lot?

Sorry, new to the game. Still trying to figure things out.

Is there a person that you can talk to like Aela The Huntress (for archery leveling), except for stealth? Or do you just have to sneak around a lot?

- Khalya from the Khajiit Caravans (Common)

- Garvey in Markarth (Expert)

- Delvin Mallory from the Thieves Guild in Riften (Master)

Just got to Markarth. First thing I did was go to the nearby stall to ask just what was up with this city. Next thing you know, the guy I was looking at pulls a knife and starts coming towards me. I'm thinking "okaaaayy, don't try anything stupid, guy." Then he picks up his pace and starts yelling something. In a panic, I click my mouse and end up lopping the guy's head off. Second later a guard's running towards me, and I'm like crap what did I just do. But he tells me I did a good job killing this lunatic, and the woman I didn't know was standing directly behind me thanks me for saving her life. I'm like "Yes, I totally meant to do that", lol.

The sheer spontaneous and sometimes random nature of how things work out in this game is amazing.

There is a teacher for every skill in the game I'm pretty sure but Sneaking levels up from doing actions in sneak mode like killing or stealing or following(it goes up pretty slow from following your better off stealing or sneak attacking people).

In Riften. It's in an underground base, near the the Jarl's palace (but not in the palace). Kinda hidden beneath the main level

Sorry for the poor explanation... :/

Just got to Markarth. First thing I did was go to the nearby stall to ask just what was up with this city. Next thing you know, the guy I was looking at pulls a knife and starts coming towards me. I'm thinking "okaaaayy, don't try anything stupid, guy." Then he picks up his pace and starts yelling something. In a panic, I click my mouse and end up lopping the guy's head off. Second later a guard's running towards me, and I'm like crap what did I just do. But he tells me I did a good job killing this lunatic, and the woman I didn't know was standing directly behind me thanks me for saving her life. I'm like "Yes, I totally meant to do that", lol.

The sheer spontaneous and sometimes random nature of how things work out in this game is amazing.

LOL a guard came caught me in the outskirts of Markarth and I decided to go to jail for once. I ended up inside Markarth, and as I walked around this guy pulls out a knife and yells something. He starts walking toward this girl and fatally stabs her! The guards come and kill the murderer, and everyone comes in trying to figure out what happened. This whole time I was behind the murderer's back, not in front of him. Weird perspective but whatevs. I wonder the decisions we make in situations like these will influence the outcome of the game...

Archived