The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Oops sorry I thought I'd posted via waivers at the end of the post.

We wish Derek and Joey nothing but the best, they are class players but with the way the team has been performing we needed a shakeup, we have been performing like a bottom of the pack team and it is unnacceptable.

Best of luck to Derek and Joey wherever they land.

Oops sorry I thought I'd posted via waivers at the end of the post. We wish Derek and Joey nothing but the best, they are class players but with the way the team has been performing we needed a shakeup, we have been performing like a bottom of the pack team and it is unnacceptable. Best of luck to Derek and Joey wherever they land.

Ouch man...

SABRES LOSE D MYERS FOR FOUR-TO-SIX WEEKS

buf_myers_40318.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres will be without the services of defenceman Tyler Myers for the next 4-6 weeks.

According to head coach Lindy Ruff, Myers had surgery on a broken wrist Monday morning; an injury that occurred in the second period of Saturday's game against the Phoenix Coyotes.

"It happened just on an awkward play, nothing you would ever notice," Ruff said. "Nothing that you'd ever notice, just one of those freak-like incidents."

The 21-year-old had a rough start to the season, including being a healthy scratch recently. He has two goals and four assists in 19 games this year, with a minus- 4 rating.

The Sabres are already without goaltender Ryan Miller, defenceman Mike Weber and forwards Jochen Hecht, Tyler Ennis and Cody McCormick due to various injuries.

T.J. Brennan has been recalled to replace Myers.

Well, it's not really 'theoretical' as much as it's a reality.

I may be wrongly inferring the point that CoN is making, but I think he brings up a good issue for debate. Should a team go to a lower priority after claiming a waiver player? Or should they be made to keep them for the rest of the season, so that they aren't just acquired and traded away constantly?

I'm not sure the way the waiver wire is currently is really that big of a deal to be honest. I mean, its not like it is the cream of the crop players getting placed on waivers so the "have" teams are not really missing out on anything of substance. To the "have nots" though, those waiver guys can help them ice a full roster or get included in a trade to help improve their teams.

Do we really want to change that so that the top teams can hoard those guys in their minors after they use them to replace injuries for a few games? They are the ONLY thing even resembling an equalizer for the basement teams in this league.

As far as I know there is no restriction in the real NHL regarding claiming players on waivers and then trading them.

Just my 2 pennies.

I'm not sure the way the waiver wire is currently is really that big of a deal to be honest. I mean, its not like it is the cream of the crop players getting placed on waivers so the "have" teams are not really missing out on anything of substance. To the "have nots" though, those waiver guys can help them ice a full roster or get included in a trade to help improve their teams.

Do we really want to change that so that the top teams can hoard those guys in their minors after they use them to replace injuries for a few games? They are the ONLY thing even resembling an equalizer for the basement teams in this league.

As far as I know there is no restriction in the real NHL regarding claiming players on waivers and then trading them.

Just my 2 pennies.

Archived