The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Haven't been very happy with the teams efforts lately, thus the organization has made the decision to make roster moves and inject youth into the lineup due to tremendous minor league play.

-------------

Assignment:

The Panthers have assigned Joey Crabb and Derek MacKenzie to the Rochester Americans.

Recall:

The Panthers have recalled David Ullstrom and Tomas Vincour to the big club.

The Panthers lines at practice were mixed to try to ignite a spark in the team heading into a big Monday night, it appears Kyle Okposo will finally return to action after being a healthy scratch for 3 consecutive games and will have to work his way back up the lineup.

Jeff Skinner - Jonathon Toews - James Neal

Dan Cleary - Colin Wilson - Jakub Voracek

David Booth - Alex Burmistrov - Tomas Vincour

Radek Dvorak - David Ullstrom - Kyle Okposo

Ethan Moreau - Lennart Petrell

Paul Martin - Tyler Myers

Kyle Quincey - Zach Bogosian

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Stephane Robidas

Jack Hillen

Corey Crawford

Marty Turco

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Western%20Conference%20150x100.jpg

Central Division Standings:

small.pngDetroit - 1323

small.pngSt.Louis - 1261

small.png Nashville - 1236

small.pngChicago - 825

small.pngColumbus - 756

Northwest Division Standings:

small.pngWinnipeg - 1246

small.pngEdmonton - 1244

small.pngVancouver - 1220

small.pngCalgary - 1175

small.pngMinnesota - 852

Pacific Division Standings:

small.pngLos Angeles - 1358

small.pngAnaheim - 1276

small.pngColorado - 1108

small.pngSan Jose - 988

small.pngDallas - 965

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Eastern%20Conference%20150x109.jpg

Atlantic Division Standings:

small.pngNY Islanders - 1326

small.pngNew Jersey - 1300

small.pngBoston - 1100

small.pngNY Rangers - 1064

small.pngPhiladelphia - 995

Northeast Division Standings:

small.pngBuffalo - 1478

small.pngOttawa - 1237

2ef5pn7.jpgQuebec - 1130

small.pngMontreal - 1085

small.png Toronto - 975

Southeast Division Standings:

small.pngPittsburgh - 1283

small.pngFlorida - 1186

small.pngWashington - 1088

small.pngTampa Bay - 1037

small.pngCarolina - 772

From the Shark Tank

D Justin Falk has put on a visor for the first time in his NHL career due to a number of close calls recently both with he and teammates.

Falk made the decision after taking a high-stick above the right eye in the third period Tuesday at Columbus. In that same game, defenseman Nick Schultz was hit by a slap shot up high, and that came one game after right wing Devin Setoguchi took a slap shot to the face in Anaheim.

"As D-men, we're down on one knee blocking shots and pucks are whizzing by everywhere, guys are shooting upstairs," Falk said. "It's just not worth the risk. I had laser eye surgery two summers ago so I can see and I'm supposed to keep the visor on.

"I played last year (in Houston) with her on and I was fine. I figure they're going to grandfather in visors in a year or two anyways, so I might as well put it on now and get back used to it. I don't want to be that guy who loses his sight."

Haven't been very happy with the teams efforts lately, thus the organization has made the decision to make roster moves and inject youth into the lineup due to tremendous minor league play.

-------------

Assignment:

The Panthers have assigned Joey Crabb and Derek MacKenzie to the Rochester Americans.

Recall:

The Panthers have recalled David Ullstrom and Tomas Vincour to the big club.

The Panthers lines at practice were mixed to try to ignite a spark in the team heading into a big Monday night, it appears Kyle Okposo will finally return to action after being a healthy scratch for 3 consecutive games and will have to work his way back up the lineup.

Jeff Skinner - Jonathon Toews - James Neal

Dan Cleary - Colin Wilson - Jakub Voracek

David Booth - Alex Burmistrov - Tomas Vincour

Radek Dvorak - David Ullstrom - Kyle Okposo

Ethan Moreau - Lennart Petrell

Paul Martin - Tyler Myers

Kyle Quincey - Zach Bogosian

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Stephane Robidas

Jack Hillen

Corey Crawford

Marty Turco

Just a question. Both of those players (McKenzie and Crabb) are listed as waiver eligible. Are we able to just assign players like that without putting them through waivers?

Sorry if I am missing something with the rules. I just have a waiver eligible guy I wouldn't mind putting in the minors without losing him.

No you can't just assign them. They would be subject to waivers, as Mackenzie and Crabb are.

REPORT: The Winnipeg Jets coaching staff held a closed door meeting with defenceman Andrew Alberts this morning after the teams optional skate. Sources are speculating that the Jets organization was not pleased with his boarding call last night and want to ensure their team plays a clean style of hockey. Other sources suggest he may be on the move.

Archived