The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Also, I am curious about the front office budget adjustments?

Still working on it, but would like to give Legal a little bit more meaning because I feel it gets ignored by a lot of members.

I can't wait for the draft, not only for our draft, but the NHLs draft. Curious to see who the Canucks get, and what (if any) trades go down.

Blues News

After some more or less important deals were madelast Night, we are very pleased with our current Lineup.

So we are off from Tade Talks untill the Free Agency begins.

We have still to make some Moves to clear some Cap Space, specially in the Minors System, but this dont need to rush from now. At first we want to see whats going on with some Players in the next Months.

Projected 12/13 St.Louis Blues Lineup

Horton - Weiss - Iginla

Hodgson - Legwand - Erat

MacArthur - Goc - Chimera

Vincour - Mayers - Winchester

Daugavins

Bouwmeester - Ehrhoff

Martin - Sekera

Phillips - Sulzer

Prosser - Stoner

Theodore

Scrivens

Kansas City Patriots

Larsson - Loktionov - McMillan

Archibald - Sgarbossa - Bass

Wahl - Timmins - Olesz

Borowiecki - Kessel

Laleggia - Poti

Richards

Still lookin to move up in the draft, and the 9th and 10th overall picks are in play.

Avs also rumored to be lookin for a top 6 center, and it seems Andrew Ladd's name has come up in a few trade talks. Could the talented winger really be available?

Is Ryan Smyth being shopped?

Reports indicate that the Blue Jackets organization is actively shopping their top point producing man from last year, and are looking to do so before the draft in the coming weeks.

With 298 pool points last season, Smyth led the last place Jackets in points, and has been a key contributor since arriving in Columbus.

However, new GM SheaWeber6 has been keen on rebuilding this team from the ground up, and that includes the likelihood of trading veterans like Smyth.

"We are not just giving him away," said Weber in a phone interview late Wednesday night. "We have made it clear to everyone in the league that we are looking to get younger and in the end, if we get a deal that suits us for a player like Ryan, we will pull the trigger. We feel that our veterans here right now deserve a chance to contend for a league title, while the younger guys get a chance to get some ice time. Obviously, you need some leadership to help steer the young guys in the right direction, but our main focus right now is getting a core nucleus of players together that we believe in and will be our future for the next 10 seasons. We have some good pieces here that will be important for our success, but we need to impliment a new culture here, and it won't happen overnight."

As for the return for Smyth, the GM said he is open to all offers, but getting a first round pick back would be ideal, seeing as Smyth had a very productive season, and could be a great help for any team looking to move into a playoff spot.

As for other players, no player was deemed to be untouchable by the GM, with him stating that there is obviously "some guys that will be harder to trade for, but our ears and eyes are open for trade talks."

- Columbus Dispatch, Ohio

LA leads Washington 23-16, now a 7 point series with at least a game to go! Da.moose is missing a potentially epic comeback while away, and Ace of Spades must be counting jersey sales...did you all hear last night that in LA during game three alone they had 500,000 dollars worth of merchandise sales? WOW.

LA leads Washington 23-16, now a 7 point series with at least a game to go! Da.moose is missing a potentially epic comeback while away, and Ace of Spades must be counting jersey sales...did you all hear last night that in LA during game three alone they had 500,000 dollars worth of merchandise sales? WOW.

Almost impossible to say at this point, but I suspect Thrower/Scissons have to be in the crosshairs

Unless some guys fall in the draft order they may be the best choices left on the board

I had to really pair down my original posting ideas as it would influence the draft, lol...but I think when it comes to it, they would be well off to add good WHL'ers to the system. I think there will be 'better players' still available though when it comes to our pick, as I suspect a goalie may go early, and other teams will draft for need, not necessarily grab onto the Dmen due to their rankings.

I wouldn't say they stay away as much as there are none on the board near their draft slot when the moment comes, but this year looks to be a bit different. I think as from a team management perspective, there is a lot of 'you draft the best available player' when your turn comes, and to a small degree you tweek that a bit to fit perceived needs, in this case, I think the stars will align, best available meets perceived needs meets local talent. Trifecta.

I wouldn't say they stay away as much as there are none on the board near their draft slot when the moment comes, but this year looks to be a bit different. I think as from a team management perspective, there is a lot of 'you draft the best available player' when your turn comes, and to a small degree you tweek that a bit to fit perceived needs, in this case, I think the stars will align, best available meets perceived needs meets local talent. Trifecta.

Archived