The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

If I'm City, I'm super content with that result.

2 away goals, Luiz and Matuidi out for the next game.

---

Word around Twitter is that Mahrez to Arsenal could happen this summer.  Part of me says that he could just be a one season wonder (but he was also very good last year) but then I look at how well he's performed against City, Chelsea, and Spurs and think what a great fit he'd be on the right hand side.

Of course, if Sanchez reunites with Pep at City, then the club has that hole to fill so hopefully he's an addition rather than a replacement.

1 hour ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

My United friend: "lol city got owned".  2-2 away looks plenty fine to me.  The battle of the Sheikhs turned out to be average.

yeah, def not getting owned. I saw after that the possession % was really high for PSG, but I don't really think they had a lot of that near City's goal-or that 1/3 of the field. Plus there was some stat floating around about drawing away is much more likely to go on to the next round. I thought parts of the game were slow and that's when City struggled, when the pace fell off, but when they were pressing and attacking with pace it made PSG look very average.

1 hour ago, Alain Vigneault said:

If I'm City, I'm super content with that result.

2 away goals, Luiz and Matuidi out for the next game.

---

Word around Twitter is that Mahrez to Arsenal could happen this summer.  Part of me says that he could just be a one season wonder (but he was also very good last year) but then I look at how well he's performed against City, Chelsea, and Spurs and think what a great fit he'd be on the right hand side.

Of course, if Sanchez reunites with Pep at City, then the club has that hole to fill so hopefully he's an addition rather than a replacement.

meh, I hope not, there are so many rumours flying around about who is leaving/staying/coming in the summer it's crazy.

Just give me Xhaka, Mahrez, and maybe a world-class striker (well, somebody who is a clear upgrade on Giroud and Welbeck). Maybe make a good teenage signing for the future (a la RVP back in 2004).

Let Arteta, Rosicky, and Flamini hit the road and move out one of Ox/Walcott (probably Walcott since some rumours have come out that he may leave to get more opportunity so that he can play for England).  Let Debuchy go too since he isn't better than Bellerin and Jekinson/Chambers is fine for cover.

2 hours ago, otherwise said:

I saw after that the possession % was really high for PSG, but I don't really think they had a lot of that near City's goal-or that 1/3 of the field.

Oh yes, they did. PSG should have scored 4 or 5 in the first half alone. Zlatan missed a penalty and a big chance a couple of minutes later. Don't know about the second half, though.

8 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Oh yes, they did. PSG should have scored 4 or 5 in the first half alone. Zlatan missed a penalty and a big chance a couple of minutes later. Don't know about the second half, though.

no Joe Hart stopped him, he also saved a few other low quality shots from Zlatan. I didn't see Joe Hart having to make any amazing saves outside of maybe the penalty. So no I don't really think PSG could've scored that many goals, unless you are counting the times where there was latteral passes by PSG that flew through one side of the box and out the other because there was no one in front to tap it in. Or shooting the ball over the net. But those aren't really chances or should've been goals. They are things that even bottom table teams can do.

2 hours ago, otherwise said:

no Joe Hart stopped him, he also saved a few other low quality shots from Zlatan. I didn't see Joe Hart having to make any amazing saves outside of maybe the penalty. So no I don't really think PSG could've scored that many goals, unless you are counting the times where there was latteral passes by PSG that flew through one side of the box and out the other because there was no one in front to tap it in. Or shooting the ball over the net. But those aren't really chances or should've been goals. They are things that even bottom table teams can do.

There is so much wrong with this post. PSG could have had many more goals. They controlled the play and had many quality chances.

That being said I'm glad they didn't win. 

Good first half in the LFC Dortmund match, Dortmund has carried the play and had more chances but LFC grabbed a goal. 

Edited by Bizarre

Terrible match from us. Reus and Durm awful. Can't even blame Auba. He was not getting a lot of good passes up front. Hopefully Gündogan and Ramos are back for next week.

Referee was bad as well. Some questionable challenges from Lallana and Moreno(?) should have been at least yellow cards.