The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

3 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Credits to City for passing us (albeit on GD)

Just clinch top 3 and start bringing in those signings.

Wenger is gonna get 5th so he can average 4th.  Last year he failed when he finished 3rd so this year he is gonna redeem himself and finish 5th. lol 

It's gonna be a hell of a transfer summer this year. Could be the biggest ever for us.

Gündogan, Park and Ramos are pretty much guaranteed to leave. Hummels, Schmelzer, Mkhitaryan, Leitner and Subotic are also questionable. Plus there are about 2-3 players who I could also see leaving for the right amount of cash.

Some obscure rumours on the other side as well. A lot is written about Götze in german media. Seems legit. I just don't want to see him here again. Lukaku is mentioned, although I think that's ridiculous. Even if we decide to cash in on Auba we would need to invest almost all of it into Lukaku. Süle for CB maybe. Then there are the usual rumours about unproven youngsters from obscure leagues from all over the world.

I won't have any nails left at the end of August. :wacko:

16 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

I don't think Spurs will win the league this year but they have definitely been the best team in the PL this year. 

Not to take anything away from them, but having been relatively healthy + being out of nearly every competition early, I'm not surprised they are where they are.

18 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Not to take anything away from them, but having been relatively healthy + being out of nearly every competition early, I'm not surprised they are where they are.

As of of January 15 

Tottenham players have missed 668 days due to injuries 

Arsenal have players have missed 465

you both went out of Europe in March

Arsenal advanced one more round in both the league cup and FA cup but that's it.

And you both have played 49 games in all competitions.

I understand were you are coming from but to say that Spurs are where they are because they went out of competitions early is not fair imo.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

As of of January 15 

Tottenham players have missed 668 days due to injuries 

Arsenal have players have missed 465

you both went out of Europe in March

Arsenal advanced one more round in both the league cup and FA cup but that's it.

And you both have played 49 games in all competitions.

I understand were you are coming from but to say that Spurs are where they are because they went out of competitions early is not fair imo.

I had the league cup and Fa cup in mind.  They did pretty well in Europe.

I know not what to make of that injury stat.  I swear Son, Kane (for his nose) and Vertoghen are the only injuries they've had?  Maybe Benteleb is skewing this stat line or something?

2 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I had the league cup and Fa cup in mind.  They did pretty well in Europe.

I know not what to make of that injury stat.  I swear Son, Kane (for his nose) and Vertoghen are the only injuries they've had?  Maybe Benteleb is skewing this stat line or something?

It could be its been hard to find a good injury report for the whole season most have just who is injured atm.

2 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck001 said:

It could be its been hard to find a good injury report for the whole season most have just who is injured atm.

Yeah it's a struggle for sure.

My point though is that in comparison to Arsenal, City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea.....Spurs have been relatively healthy (or haven't had very many key injuries or omissions)

That isn't their fault but it does put things into perspective.  There's been an opportunity because of that and they've taken it for the most part, so kudos.

Still the smallest club in North London :) 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

That Aguero goal was a pretty bad missed call lol

City cannot even defeat Benitez

it happens. lol. nice for it to favour City tho.

Their fans need something to cheer about. I would rather City play bad today than next week.

9 minutes ago, Kazmanian Devil said:

I'm excited to see where Kane lands on that list

after looking at his stats and doing some  math (not a strength of mine) I think he would have to step it up a bit to beat Kun, but I think at his average rate he could still be top 5.

Liverpool beat Everton 4-0, though it was not all good news as reports are Origi has ligament damage after a bad tackle from  Ramiro Funes Mori. The tackle earned him a red (2-0 Liverpool at the time). While walking across the pitch he decided to kiss the Everton crest... Can't figure that out.