The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

According to the god Di Marzio United offered Monaco €85M for Mbappe but they rejected and quoted them between €120M-€140M. We've enquired about Nainggolan a few months ago but nothing came of it, now we are targeting Fabinho or Kroos. Gonna be an interesting summer for sure, there have been rumours that Woodwoord but spend up to £350M in the summer.

Edited by CaptainCanuck001
  • Upvote 2

Juventus stymies Monaco, pushes shutout streak to over 600 minutes 

Gianluca NesciMay 3 2017, 1:37 PM

Juventus' vaunted defence has suffocated another high-flying attacking unit.

After locking down Barcelona in the quarter-finals of the Champions League, the Bianconeri replicated that showing on Wednesday, keeping free-scoring Monaco off the board in the first leg of their semi-final tilt.

And they did the job at the other end, too.

A brace from Gonzalo Higuain, courtesy of two gorgeous assists from Dani Alves, sees the Old Lady head home for the second leg next week with a commanding 2-0 advantage.

IMG_2434.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Ronaldo will be having nightmares after today's defensive masterclass...

IMG_2217.JPG

A game I didn't get to see unfortunately. Oh well,  have watched the second leg dismantling of Barca a couple more times to get me through. 

Getting my pvr warmed up for second leg already. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

A game I didn't get to see unfortunately. Oh well,  have watched the second leg dismantling of Barca a couple more times to get me through. 

Getting my pvr warmed up for second leg already. 

Here are the important highlights including the two goals, the first one was a beauty, a Dani Alves backheel pass, the stuff of legends...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

Here are the important highlights including the two goals, the first one was a beauty, a Dani Alves backheel pass, the stuff of legends...

Awesome. Thanks Harvey. Beautiful goals and assists by Alves. He looks rejuvenated in Torino. 

And now I understand the Super Buffon pic.

• Upvote 1

On May 2, 2017 at 3:02 PM, CaptainCanuck001 said:

According to the god Di Marzio United offered Monaco €85M for Mbappe but they rejected and quoted them between €120M-€140M. We've enquired about Nainggolan a few months ago but nothing came of it, now we are targeting Fabinho or Kroos. Gonna be an interesting summer for sure, there have been rumours that Woodwoord but spend up to £350M in the summer.

On twitter I believe it was by sky sports or someone from telegraph saying United will spend between 350-450 to improve the squad.

4 hours ago, MJDDawg said:

Awesome. Thanks Harvey. Beautiful goals and assists by Alves. He looks rejuvenated in Torino. 

And now I understand the Super Buffon pic.

GIGI at 39 is still the best goalie in the world, and it's not even close. Ronaldo will be man marked by Chiellini just like he did with Suarez. If they shut down Ronaldo the game will be over and Dybala and Higuain will pop in a couple off the counter attack with Alves and Sandro providing the crosses. 

Juventus is the most complete team in Europe. The best defence by far to go along with a dynamic deadly offensive counter attack. I've never seen a team this complete since the days of Milan dominating Europe. 

Edited by Harvey Spector
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, canucks3322 said:

On twitter I believe it was by sky sports or someone from telegraph saying United will spend between 350-450 to improve the squad.

Believe it was Guillem Balague from Sky sports, but not 100%