The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

He was on Mike and Mike.  He said that the Huskies can't afford weak victories, or even undefeated they could get passed over by a one loss team.  He said, for example, if Alabama lost to Auburn in a close game, Bama might still get in over Washington.  Don't you guys wake up at all ours of the night and listen to sport's talk radio?  :lol:

TBH thats dumb. A+M has 1 big win all season. On the road over Auburn. UW has 1 as well but if they win the conference, they should get the spot. Dat SEC bias is real doe

5 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

TBH thats dumb. A+M has 1 big win all season. On the road over Auburn. UW has 1 as well but if they win the conference, they should get the spot. Dat SEC bias is real doe

I think the show comes from NYC.  Is the Rose Bowl a big game this season?  No way the selection committee keeps out an undefeated PAC 12 team, if the Rose Bowl is one of the venues - even with Eastern Bias.  I was a Husky fan since '75, when Warren Moon led the Huskies to a big win over Michigan in the Rose Bow. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I respectively disagree. The Pac 12 IMO, is the 3rd best Conference in the NCAA. Last season they sent 10 TEAMS to bowl games. The thing that makes the PAC so unique is that there is so much parity within the league. There is no easy road game. Even the bottom dwellers of the conference have great fans and night games can be brutal in Boulder, Tuscon or Tempe. An undefeated PAC 12 team is in the CFP no doubt about it

I agree, I have been saying this for years. The PAC 12 usually has 1 or 2 National Championship contenders, +5 bowl teams and no more than 2 absolutely garbage automatic win teams. They are usually a pile of average teams which is saying a lot for college football. The parity of the PAC 12 is unmatched. The ACC has 3 good teams, a few other bowl teams then a pile of complete garbage teams. The big 10 is even worse although this year it's a little more equal, they actually have 2 teams in the west that aren't terrible and more than 2 powerhouses in the east, but again, a pile of garbage in the lower part of that conference. It's hard to deny the SEC's superiority. Impossible to compete with their recruiting. Big 12 is pretty decent for the most part.

if you were rank the conferences as a whole I would go 

1. SEC

2. Big 12 

T3. PAC 12 don't have enough at the top but have way more in the bottom. 

T3. Big 10 - they have some really big powerhouses but also have some absolutely pathetic teams which brings their average way down. 

5. ACC - same as big 10 super top heavy. 

Edited by LaBamba
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LaBamba said:

I agree, I have been saying this for years. The PAC 12 usually has 1 or 2 National Championship contenders, +5 bowl teams and no more than 2 absolutely garbage automatic win teams. They are usually a pile of average teams which is saying a lot for college football. The parity of the PAC 12 is unmatched. The ACC has 3 good teams, a few other bowl teams then a pile of complete garbage teams. The big 10 is even worse although this year it's a little more equal, they actually have 2 teams in the west that aren't terrible and more than 2 powerhouses in the east, but again, a pile of garbage in the lower part of that conference. It's hard to deny the SEC's superiority. Impossible to compete with their recruiting. Big 12 is pretty decent for the most part.

if you were rank the conferences as a whole I would go 

1. SEC

2. Big 12 

T3. PAC 12 don't have enough at the top but have way more in the bottom. 

T3. Big 10 - they have some really big powerhouses but also have some absolutely pathetic teams which brings their average way down. 

5. ACC - same as big 10 super top heavy. 

Even the garbage teams have talent and are capable of knocking off a powerhouse in the conference. Look at Oregon St. and Arizona this year each team lost had 1 possession loses against 2 top 25 teams. 

I would disagree with you on your rankings of the P5. Switch the BIG 10 and BIG 12. The Big 10 is a very good conference, and quite honestly as a football fan, one of my favorites to watch. You take away Rutgers and add say Cincinnati, you have arguably the best conference in the nation. The only reason why Maryland and Rutgers were added was to bring more $ into the BIG 10 and to expand the recruiting base for the conference (also Maryland is a premier BB school).

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Even the garbage teams have talent and are capable of knocking off a powerhouse in the conference. Look at Oregon St. and Arizona this year each team lost had 1 possession loses against 2 top 25 teams. 

I would disagree with you on your rankings of the P5. Switch the BIG 10 and BIG 12. The Big 10 is a very good conference, and quite honestly as a football fan, one of my favorites to watch. You take away Rutgers and add say Cincinnati, you have arguably the best conference in the nation. The only reason why Maryland and Rutgers were added was to bring more $ into the BIG 10 and to expand the recruiting base for the conference (also Maryland is a premier BB school).

The west is pretty damn bad, really damn bad. 

A couple of interesting games tomorrow:

'Bama is at LSU and Nebrasa is in Columbus to take on Ohio state. Looks like both games are on cable, but unfortunately, both are 5 pm starts, which is going to mean some channel flipping.

Definitely going to be pulling for the Tigers in Baton Rouge, but the other game is going to be tough. Not many CFB teams I despise more than the "Huskers, but Ohio State is in the mix....

....sorry, The Ohio State.:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A couple of interesting games tomorrow:

'Bama is at LSU and Nebrasa is in Columbus to take on Ohio state. Looks like both games are on cable, but unfortunately, both are 5 pm starts, which is going to mean some channel flipping.

Definitely going to be pulling for the Tigers in Baton Rouge, but the other game is going to be tough. Not many CFB teams I despise more than the "Huskers, but Ohio State is in the mix....

....sorry, The Ohio State.:rolleyes:

Nebraska has zero chance and I hate Ohio State. The huskers are just not that good. I think the Buckeyes roll. Lowkey games that could be really good this week are Navy-Notre Lame, Baylor-TCU(Underrated Rivalry that dates back a long time), and Pitt-Miami

15 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Nebraska has zero chance and I hate Ohio State. The huskers are just not that good. I think the Buckeyes roll. Lowkey games that could be really good this week are Navy-Notre Lame, Baylor-TCU(Underrated Rivalry that dates back a long time), and Pitt-Miami

couple of those are on the tube this weekend....Huskies play Cal Golden Bears at 7.30 pm tomorrow....Cal is 4-4..should be an okay game...its on ESPN   if you want to listen ..this is the Huskie network...I listened last week and it was a good broadcast

http://tunein.com/radio/Washington-IMG-Sports-Network-s206520/

2 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

couple of those are on the tube this weekend....Huskies play Cal Golden Bears at 7.30 pm tomorrow....Cal is 4-4..should be an okay game...its on ESPN   if you want to listen ..this is the Huskie network...I listened last week and it was a good broadcast

http://tunein.com/radio/Washington-IMG-Sports-Network-s206520/

If Chad Hanson plays, it will be a good game. If he does not, you guys should roll Berkley. The secondary receiving options for Cal are not that good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

If Chad Hanson plays, it will be a good game. If he does not, you guys should roll Berkley. The secondary receiving options for Cal are not that good.

I'm definitely cheering for the Huskies, but I almost hope it turns out to be a good game. I looked through the schedule and there are a lot of dogs out there...

2 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Lamar Jackson is just too good.  Absolutely unreal.

Heisman is officially his to lose.

This game separated him from Jake Browning...close to a dead heat up until today although Browning is no slouch for a 20 year old....Jackson shows alot of talent for a 19 year old kid.

2 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

This game separated him from Jake Browning...close to a dead heat up until today although Browning is no slouch for a 20 year old....Jackson shows alot of talent for a 19 year old kid.

Browning is definitely a better passer although Jackson is no slouch there either.  But when you factor in how well Lamar runs, I think he is in a league of his own in regards to NCAA QBs right now.  Expect both to be front runners again next year as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

Browning is definitely a better passer although Jackson is no slouch there either.  But when you factor in how well Lamar runs, I think he is in a league of his own in regards to NCAA QBs right now.  Expect both to be front runners again next year as well.

Slightly biased but you cannot discredit what Sam Darnold has done in LA, if SC can make a run for the conference and a spot in the CFP, he has to be in that discussion.

16 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Slightly biased but you cannot discredit what Sam Darnold has done in LA, if SC can make a run for the conference and a spot in the CFP, he has to be in that discussion.

Darnold has been really good.  Amzing stuff for a freshman.  Very safe with the ball yet can still make big plays.

He could definitely be in the running for the Heisman next year as well.

6 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Browning says not to fast...6 td passes and almost 400 yards..check out some of the receptions..there is one that is unreal...

Man I love watching some of the QBs in the NCAA.  Something about seeing a guy being able to completely manhandle the other team week in and week out.

Last game put his passer rating over 200 on the season, and brought his TD:INT ratio to 34:3.  Unreal.

Also, lol at Marshawn Lynch almost running over the Cal band.

Edited by Jägermeister
  • Upvote 1

new rankings....

AP Top 25

RK Team Rec Pts Trend
1 333.pngAlabama(60) 9-0 1524
2 130.pngMichigan(1) 9-0 1432
3 228.pngClemson 9-0 1408
4 264.pngWashington 9-0 1364
5 97.pngLouisville 8-1 1255
6 194.pngOhio State 8-1 1245
7 275.pngWisconsin 7-2 1159 1
8 2.pngAuburn 7-2 1081 3
9 201.pngOklahoma 7-2 996 3
10 245.pngTexas A&M 7-2 820 3
11 277.pngWest Virginia 7-1 805 3
12 213.pngPenn State 7-2 752 8
13 254.pngUtah 7-2 686 3
14 2711.pngWestern Michigan 9-0 583 3
15 153.pngNorth Carolina 7-2 559 3
16 38.pngColorado 7-2 550 5
17 197.pngOklahoma State 7-2 516 5
18 259.pngVirginia Tech 7-2 479 5
19 99.pngLSU 5-3 454 4
20 52.pngFlorida State 6-3 450 1
21 158.pngNebraska 7-2 434 12
22 57.pngFlorida 6-2 390 12
23 265.pngWashington State 7-2 305 2
24 68.pngBoise State 8-1 226
25 239.pngBaylor 6-2 90 12
Complete Rankings

Others receiving votes: USC 76, Arkansas 74, San Diego State 38, Troy 28, Houston 25, Tennessee 9, Tulsa 3, South Florida 3, Minnesota 2, Navy 2, Wyoming 2

Coaches Poll

RK Team Rec Pts Trend
1 333.pngAlabama(62) 9-0 1598
2 228.pngClemson(2) 9-0 1497 1
3 130.pngMichigan 9-0 1493 1
4 264.pngWashington 9-0 1422
5 194.pngOhio State 8-1 1316 1
6 97.pngLouisville 8-1 1307 1
7 275.pngWisconsin 7-2 1191 1
8 2.pngAuburn 7-2 1075 4
9 201.pngOklahoma 7-2 1068 2
10 277.pngWest Virginia 7-1 877 5
11 245.pngTexas A&M 7-2 801 4
12 254.pngUtah 7-2 788 4
13 153.pngNorth Carolina 7-2 695 4
14 213.pngPenn State 7-2 667 9
15 38.pngColorado 7-2 627 5
16 57.pngFlorida 6-2 486 7
17 197.pngOklahoma State 7-2 483 5
18 52.pngFlorida State 6-3 482 1
19 99.pngLSU 5-3 479 5
20 158.pngNebraska 7-2 476 10
21 2711.pngWestern Michigan 9-0 467 3
22 259.pngVirginia Tech 7-2 466 1
23 265.pngWashington State 7-2 331 2
24 68.pngBoise State 8-1 211
25 239.pngBaylor 6-2 161 12
Complete Rankings

Others receiving votes: USC 79, San Diego State 58, Arkansas 53, Houston 49, South Florida 28, Wyoming 20, Navy 12, Tennessee 12, Tulsa 9, Troy 6, Appalachian State 5, Minnesota 2, Stanford 2, Louisiana Tech 1

Man this game on Saturday is going to be HYPE. As much as respect Peterson as a coach, and I like UW as a program, we need this win. Be ready Udub, we are a different team, and we are rolling.

Fight On!!

On a side note, do any of you follow recruiting? Or do you only pay attention during the season? Just curious