The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

11 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Man this game on Saturday is going to be HYPE. As much as respect Peterson as a coach, and I like UW as a program, we need this win. Be ready Udub, we are a different team, and we are rolling.

Fight On!!

On a side note, do any of you follow recruiting? Or do you only pay attention during the season? Just curious

I dont follow recruiting...hard to get the info.....I agree...Huskies have 3 games left and they will be in tough on 2 of them ...USC is much improved and WSU is climbing fast...Arizona State...not so much...the game will be on Fox this saturday at 4.30...we get to watch this one...

On 11/28/2011 at 4:23 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

Hey GM, can the Sooners get into a bowl game if they knock off the Cowboys?

Probably the best bowl game I ever watched was Boise St. knocking off the powerhouse Sooners something like 42-40 on a 2 point conversion.  And I don't mind the Sooners.  However watching Switzer and his pregame comments of how Boise might hang in for the 1st quarter and then his reaction and looks at halftime were hilarious.  Even his cohorts on the panel were giving it to him.

Mad props to Udub. One heck of football team built almost entirely on 3-star recruits, there is no coach in the country that I have more respect for than Chris Peterson. Ultimately it wasn't your day. I still hope you guys get into the CFP because you deserve it. That being said, this is a marquee win for Clay Helton. One thing about SC fans is that they jump the gun way too quickly. Hell to start the season 1-3 as SC is a death sentence. Well done Clay and the boys.

On to bigger and better things, FUCLA next week and Notre Lame the week after.

FIGHT ON!!!

• Upvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, ShakyWalton said:

yep...the rankings should be interesting..Clemson losing was a shock

I think we might see Louisville sneak into the top 4. Their only loss was a 6 point road loss to Clemson. Badgers should move up as well.

The losses by 2, 3 and 4 are obvious, but a couple of other results that caught my eye were Ole Miss with the huge 4th quarter comeback to beat the Aggies, the Bulldogs knocking off 9th ranked Auburn, and Oklahoma State with a narrow victory over Texas Tech. The Red Raiders put up 44 points in the loss. It makes you wonder where these guys would be if they could defend...

Also nice to see Western Michigan stay undefeated. I have a soft spot for that school since their hockey team's goalie is the son of a friend of mine...

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 2

A couple of other interesting twists from yesterday:

The Huskies loss to USC not only jeopardizes their chances at the CFP, it could cost them the PAC 12 championship. The final week of the season has them at Washington State. If the Cougars win next week in Colorado (a tough match up for sure) they'll be undefeated in the conference standings and the game against Washington will be for all the marbles.

In the Big 10, there is now a chance that OSU could miss out on the Championship game. They finish their regular season against Michigan. A loss to the Wolverines could mean they finish with the same record as Penn State, whom they lost to head to head.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think we might see Louisville sneak into the top 4. Their only loss was a 6 point road loss to Clemson. Badgers should move up as well.

The losses by 2, 3 and 4 are obvious, but a couple of other results that caught my eye were Ole Miss with the huge 4th quarter comeback to beat the Aggies, the Bulldogs knocking off 9th ranked Auburn, and Oklahoma State with a narrow victory over Texas Tech. The Red Raiders put up 44 points in the loss. It makes you wonder where these guys would be if they could defend...

Also nice to see Western Michigan stay undefeated. I have a soft spot for that school their hockey team's goalie is the son of a friend of mine...

This is what the rankings should look like later today....I thought USC and Washington State would be a little higher...they may be yet.

Good luck on Tuesday night, College Football Playoff selection committee.

Saturday was Upset City for a slew of college football’s top CFP contenders, as Clemson, Michigan and Washington all lost, while Auburn and Texas A&M were forced to cancel their playoff-crashing plans as well.

Meanwhile, one-loss Louisville bounced back from a slow start to defeat Wake Forest and remain in the CFP mix, while Wisconsin and Oklahoma strengthened their cases with victories.

We’ll see how the selection committee slots these teams on Tuesday night, but the AP Top 25 voters will send their ballots in on Sunday.

Week 12 Projected AP Top 25 Rankings

1. Alabama (10-0)
2. Ohio State (9-1)
3. Clemson (9-1)
4. Louisville (9-1)
5. Michigan (9-1)
6. Washington (9-1)
7. Wisconsin (8-2)
8. Oklahoma (8-2)
9. West Virginia (8-1)
10. Penn State (8-2)
11. Utah (8-2)
12. Western Michigan (10-0)
13. Colorado (8-2)
14. Oklahoma State (8-2)
15. Auburn (7-3)
16. Texas A&M (7-3)
17. LSU (6-3)
18. Florida State (7-3)
19. Nebraska (8-2)
20. Florida (7-2)
21. Washington State (8-2)
22. Boise State (9-1)
23. USC (7-3)
24. North Carolina (7-3)
25. Virginia Tech (7-3)

14 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

So Houston blows out Louisville, and Lamar Jackson has a stinker. Bye bye Louisville the CFP is no longer an option. How will this affect the Heisman race?

The way everyone is talking Jackson has it on lock...I dont beleive it...Brownings stats are better.