The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NCAA football

Gretzky's Mullet

10 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Kinda disappointed that the Ole Miss/Florida State game isn't on tv tonight.  Opening season #11 vs opening season #4?  You'd think one of the many local sports stations would pick it up.

They usually only show Thursday college and Saturday during the NFL season. TSN has priority to NBA and NHL.

The fact they show any college is a good start since the options are even less for college basketball.

Part of it to is they want to get the College sports networks like the SEC Big 12 etc and buy it as a package.

Same as NFL Sunday ticket if you want to watch every single game of your favorite teams.

17 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

THIS.

Boy that Bama-SC game was f****** BRUTAL. What killed us at least early on was little mistakes. Against a well oiled machine in alabama you cannot afford to have these lapses in concentration on 3rd down. IDK what the punter was doing either, play to the god damn whistle and make a play for christ sakes. Disappointed that Juju didn't get more targets, I guess I will have to get used to Max spreading the ball opposed to cody forcing it to Juju. At the end of the day it is the best time to lose, regroup next week beat USU and get ready to smash stanford in the damn mouth the week after that

Fight On Baby! 

How do you explain why USC offensive skill players turn into busts and never realize their potential in the NFL?

What makes you think that JuJu Smith is anything from the overhauled busts that came before him?

Woods,Lee,Agholor all are nearing bust territory.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:32 PM, Green Building said:

@RUPERTKBD

Tough game

...and I didn't even get to watch the game. (I guess that may have been a good thing<_<)

They certainly won't be #3 (or likely in the top 10) next week. They have a game they should dominate next week against Louisiana Monroe, but after that, the Buckeyes are coming to Norman. If they want any shot at all, they've got to win that one...

I love college football.  Every week there are upsets, routs, record breaking plays, etc.  Look at Louisville Lamar Jackson, dual threat QB racked up 8 tds in the first half alone:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/hand-him/2016-09-05/heisman-watch-louisvilles-lamar-jackson-makes-strong-impression

That's some video game stats right there.

This is what happens when you have a 120+ team league, there is always something going on. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I love college football.  Every week there are upsets, routs, record breaking plays, etc.  Look at Louisville Lamar Jackson, dual threat QB racked up 8 tds in the first half alone:

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/hand-him/2016-09-05/heisman-watch-louisvilles-lamar-jackson-makes-strong-impression

That's some video game stats right there.

This is what happens when you have a 120+ team league, there is always something going on. 

Hi let's be honest too. The talent in college is heavily concentrated among 20 or so famous programs who consistently produce NFLers.

It helps when you are playing against guys who are not even good enough probably to play even in the CFL in some cases.

On 9/3/2016 at 2:54 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Off to a great start to this football season with a, what soon will be, an annihilation of Hawaii by my Wolverines. 

One more week until NFL as well. ::D::D

Kinda surprises me that Hawaii isn't a powerhouse, living in Hawaii and getting a paid for education would be a pretty effective recruiting tool IMO

Did anyone read the stat about University of Houston's average recruiting distance for all it's players?  It's like 34miles, so basically their entire roster is within an earshot of the campus.  Speaks volumes about the state of Texas and their football lol.  I think the average distance for the rest of the programs is around 300miles. 

2016 College Football Top 25 Polls - Week 2
AP Poll (1st-Place Votes) Rank Amway Coaches Poll (1st-Place Votes)
Alabama Crimson Tide (54) 1 Alabama Crimson Tide (62)
Clemson Tigers (2) 2 Clemson Tigers (2)
Florida State Seminoles (4) 3 Florida State Seminoles
Ohio State Buckeyes 4 Ohio State Buckeyes
Michigan Wolverines 5 Stanford Cardinal
Houston Cougars 6 Michigan Wolverines
Stanford Cardinal 7 Houston Cougars
Washington Huskies 8 Michigan State Spartans
Georgia Bulldogs 9 Georgia Bulldogs
Wisconsin Badgers 10 Iowa Hawkeyes
Texas Longhorns 11 Washington Huskies
Michigan State Spartans 12 TCU Horned Frogs
Louisville Cardinals 13 Oklahoma Sooners
Oklahoma Sooners 14 Tennessee Volunteers
TCU Horned Frogs 15 Louisville Cardinals
Iowa Hawkeyes 16 Wisconsin Badgers
Tennessee Volunteers 17 Oklahoma State Cowboys
Notre Dame Fighting Irish 18 Mississippi Rebels
Mississippi Rebels 19 Baylor Bears
Texas A&M Aggies 20 Texas Longhorns
LSU Tigers 21 Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Oklahoma State Cowboys 22 LSU Tigers
Baylor Bears 23 Oregon Ducks
Oregon Ducks 24 Texas A&M Aggies
Miami Hurricanes 25 Florida Gators

21 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Did anyone read the stat about University of Houston's average recruiting distance for all it's players?  It's like 34miles, so basically their entire roster is within an earshot of the campus.  Speaks volumes about the state of Texas and their football lol.  I think the average distance for the rest of the programs is around 300miles. 

They mentioned that during the game. Pretty wild. They then said Houston's ability to recruit as well might be hurt if they join the Big 12.

Can anyone explain why Big 12 recruiting is slipping in Texas? Or why Houston in particular would be hurt if they joined? 

AP Top 25

RK Team Rec Pts Trend
1 333.pngAlabamaALA(56) 2-0 1520
2 52.pngFlorida StateFSU(4) 2-0 1437 1
3 194.pngOhio StateOSU 2-0 1359 1
4 130.pngMichiganMICH(1) 2-0 1298 1
5 228.pngClemsonCLEM 2-0 1284 3
6 248.pngHoustonHOU 2-0 1264
7 24.pngStanfordSTAN 1-0 1137
8 264.pngWashingtonWASH 2-0 983
9 275.pngWisconsinWIS 2-0 893 1
10 97.pngLouisvilleLOU 2-0 890 3
11 251.pngTexasTEX 2-0 872
12 127.pngMichigan StateMSU 1-0 747
13 2294.pngIowaIOWA 2-0 694 3
14 201.pngOklahomaOKLA 1-1 686
15 2633.pngTennesseeTENN 2-0 665 2
16 61.pngGeorgiaUGA 2-0 584 7
17 245.pngTexas A&MTA&M 2-0 564 3
18 87.pngNotre DameND 1-1 526
19 145.pngOle MissMISS 1-1 473
20 99.pngLSULSU 1-1 391 1
21 239.pngBaylorBAY 2-0 305 2
22 2483.pngOregonORE 2-0 292 2
23 57.pngFloridaFLA 2-0 205
24 8.pngArkansasARK 2-0 198
25 2390.pngMiamiMIAMI 2-0 197
Complete Rankings

Dropped from rankings: TCU 15, Oklahoma State 22

Others receiving votes: Utah 62, TCU 62, San Diego State 51, UCLA 47, Boise State 42, Pittsburgh 39, Oklahoma State 22, Nebraska 11, North Carolina 10, Auburn 7, Central Michigan 4, Colorado 2, Arizona State 1, Cincinnati 1

• Upvote 1

Oops lol^ 

Well you get the idea, glad Florida is back in the top 25 and also glad their game was on tv last sat.  Also shot out to Verne Lundquist who calls all the SEC games on CBS.  This is his last season and imo has been one of the better football play by play guys out there.

By Military1 Staff

West Point cadet and Army football player Brandon Jackson was killed in a car accident on Sunday night, the Army confirmed in a press release.

Jackson, a sophomore at the academy, was a starting defensive back for the Knights, and played in the Army’s game against Rice on Saturday, where he picked up two tackles and an assist.

“Words cannot describe the grief that our team is feeling over the loss of our brother and friend, Brandon,” head coach Jeff Monken said in the press release. “He was a beloved teammate and our hearts are with his family at this time of tragedy.”

Teammates, veterans and fans took to social media to express their sympathies to Jackson’s friends and family. 

https://www.military1.com/military-career/article/1635060014-army-football-player-killed-in-car-accident/

19 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Washington Huskies are crushing it...107 points in 2 games.

I played against their star tailback in my Jr. year of HS, everytime he sees him on tv he always makes a point of saying that he had a 4 yard TFL against him :lol:. I still see the Dawgs losing at least 3 games if not more this year, including 1 to my trojans.

7 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I played against their star tailback in my Jr. year of HS, everytime he sees him on tv he always makes a point of saying that he had a 4 yard TFL against him :lol:. I still see the Dawgs losing at least 3 games if not more this year, including 1 to my trojans.

could be..I just like them on the winning side of things this year...I say they will make a bowl.

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

could be..I just like them on the winning side of things this year...I say they will make a bowl.

Oh no don't get me wrong they are a good team, but the are still very young, especially at key ball handling positions, if browning and gaskin stay for their senior years I could definitely see them competing for the NC in 2019. Peterson knows how to build a successful, stable, and respectful program.

• Upvote 1