The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Newer Official WWE/TNA thread.

canuckster19

It would breathe some life into wrestling. Imagine all the feuds Cena could work as a heel. It will happen eventually, just like Gretzky proved anyone could get traded, Austin and Hogan proved anyone could turn heel.

Undertaker is universally loved, but lets face it he's at the end of his career. I think he only has 1, maybe 2 at most, Wrestlemanias left in him. There is no benefit for the streak to be left intact. This is pro wrestling, stuff like this is designed to be ended.

Hogan turned heel by joining Nash/Hall to form the NWO. Austin aligned himself with his biggest enemy as a face, Vince Mcmahon.

Cena ending the streak by cheating would be just as big, if not bigger, than those two events. I don't know who would not turn in the following night on RAW. I certainly would, and millions of fans who haven't watched WWE in years would tune in.

Think of all the potential feuds for a heel Cena. Cena/Punk again, Cena/HHH (HHH as an authority figure), Cena/Sheamus, etc. The only downside would be the potential loss of merchandise revenue for Cena.

Ive only recently (within the last year) gotten back into casually watching wrestling...to be honest I actually enjoy reading about it more than I like watching it because the shows are long and boring for the most part...but the one thing i have definitely noticed since starting paying attention again (i grew up during the attitude era) is the weak a$$ "heels"

Back in the day the bad guys were generally stronger than the good guys until a breaking point when the good guy would finally lose it and win. But you'd always see gang-up attacks, cheap shots, and more often than not the show would end with the good guy flat on his a$$ in the ring with two or three or maybe even 5 bad guys standing around him after decimating him with chair shots. This kind of action made you feel like it was hopeless for the good guy...which made you want him to win so badly. Of course you knew the good guy was going to win eventually, it was the process that was so exciting. YOu really connected with the good guy because you imagined yourself in that position and how much it would suck.

Todays bad guys are all clowns, they get embarrassed and made to look like fools more often than anything else.

Give a heel a big time belt. Start making bad guys legit again. It's like they've completely abandoned the good vs bad thing and it's more just showcase the good and give him some loser to embarrass

Ive only recently (within the last year) gotten back into casually watching wrestling...to be honest I actually enjoy reading about it more than I like watching it because the shows are long and boring for the most part...but the one thing i have definitely noticed since starting paying attention again (i grew up during the attitude era) is the weak a$$ "heels"

Back in the day the bad guys were generally stronger than the good guys until a breaking point when the good guy would finally lose it and win. But you'd always see gang-up attacks, cheap shots, and more often than not the show would end with the good guy flat on his a$$ in the ring with two or three or maybe even 5 bad guys standing around him after decimating him with chair shots. This kind of action made you feel like it was hopeless for the good guy...which made you want him to win so badly. Of course you knew the good guy was going to win eventually, it was the process that was so exciting. YOu really connected with the good guy because you imagined yourself in that position and how much it would suck.

Todays bad guys are all clowns, they get embarrassed and made to look like fools more often than anything else.

Give a heel a big time belt. Start making bad guys legit again. It's like they've completely abandoned the good vs bad thing and it's more just showcase the good and give him some loser to embarrass

I just don't understand how a show based on violence could restrict itself with something like that. I guess a couple of over zealous kids and likely some bad parents really ruined it for everybody. Wrestling should be the kind of thing that parents don't let kids under 14-16 watch, and when they do let them watch it they need to explain that it is a show for entertainment, not something to copy.

The problem is they will never lose their 20-40 male audience because we all want to see it get better and we'll all be addicted to it in some small or large way forever

Was it just me or did it seem like crowd noise was added into this last Smackdown? The crowd seemed loud but everyone that you could see on TV looked like they were sitting on their hands and their mouths weren't ever open.

Anybody have a TV?

Sheamus retains. I'm shocked! Shocked I say!

That crap at the end with Ziggler was just stupid though. Why bring him out just to bury him like that? I know when dealing with the WWE, such questions are pointless to ask... but that crap was still retarded.

Sheamus retains. I'm shocked! Shocked I say!

That crap at the end with Ziggler was just stupid though. Why bring him out just to bury him like that? I know when dealing with the WWE, such questions are pointless to ask... but that crap was still retarded.

Was it made for Cena to win though? Not really sure at this point, and what a waste of time putting Miz in, he just got nailed by ladders the whole time, that's it :lol:

I really hope that this puts CM Punk back into his old form though, a feud with Cena that is, because right now he is just another baby face and I really don't like him at all anymore.

Archived