The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

We know he can be. So yes. Is he struggling? Yes he is. But he did have a rather major event last June. The last two seasons he has shown he's a capable second line player. There's no reason to believe different at this point.

Last season's number 6 forward:

Detroit: Filppula 39 points in 71 games

Boston: Marchand 41 points in 77 games

Chicago: Frolik 38 points in 80 games

Vancouver: Raymond 39 points in 70 games

What does that tell you?

Do you think we can trade Raymond for any of those players you mentioned? I think Chiarelli would tell MG he's on crack if he thinks Marchand and Raymond are comparable.

So not only do you bring 3 players plus Raymond to the mix, you add Henrik to the discussion. Despite your attempt to defend Raymond, bringing in Henrik an Art Ross Winner and a Hart winner to this conversation is what we term a "red herring argument". That basically means you are hoping to distrort the argument by bringing in another fact hoping to distract the argument away from the scope of the topic which is, "Is Raymond a worthy 2nd liner on this team"

Enter Higgins to the discussion. Wow, you just love bringing in more players. So now you have compared Raymond to Marchand, Filppula, Frolik, Higgins and also brought up another comparison to Marchand and Henrik.

It actually sounds like you are the one that is switching to whatever suits you at the moment. I find it all too funny that you don't even realize that's what you are doing and you actually accuse someone else of it. :lol:

If all those players are really similar in your eyes, you dont think Boston would mind trading Marchand for Raymond do you?

Your credibility and intelligence really was shot in this thread because you had a decent track record on CDC until now...

Lol I need a tissue from losing Hodgson...

I guess thats what happens when Raymond has very little trade value...

Well, I've always thought Raymond would do better if he had a big body to play with, they should try Kassian with Raymond and see if MayRay can play with more confidence by having some protection

Archived