The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond? Do We Really Want Him?

CanucksJay

I agree with this logic... Don't move him for the sake of moving him, but if it parlays into a sandpaper top 6-9 forward or a depth D man, then get it done... I've said previously that Mase is a good third line checker and a solid PK'er but he doesn't suit a physical type game which rules out him as a fourth line player... He's kinda pigeon holed into a third line winger that plays 9-10 mins per game plus his PK duties...

To re-quote a phrase .. "statistics are for losers" .. they are also for debaters, as stats can be twisted to support, or undermine, any position taken .. some things are obvious despite any statistics thrown into the equation .. the "obvious" enters into the realm of "opinion", and all of us are free to express ours any way we want, short of belittling others .. B)

You have absolutely confirmed what I have suspected about the "hate brigade"

"THEY ACTUALLY THINK THEIR RAVINGS CARRY SOME WEIGHT WITH WHAT THE CLUB WILL DO"

Why don't all you so called fans agree to meet up somewhere and join hands while reciting some kind of "please trade Raymond" mantra. You never know, it might work. If it proves successful you could make it a monthly thing with a new whipping boy each time.

By my calculation you could achieve a completely new roster in a couple of years................but then you would have to start again because as the poster above states "there are no perfect players" only your flavours of the month and as we've seen you people are too fickle to keep the same flavour for too long.

Guest gumballthechewy

OH GOOD FOR RAYMOND. HE SCORED A GOAL SO ALL HIS BROWN NOSERS CAN DIG THIS THREAD UP AND GO SEEE?! WE NEED HIM!

He scored a lucky goal. Doesn't mean he isn't worthless.

Only because no one has the balls to mention his equally underachieving linemate Kesler,who incidently was on the bench when the 2nd line scored tonight.He was replaced by Hodgeson.Maybe AV will use his brain a bit more and move Kesler off the 2nd line more often.

Broken Back = Paralysis or not. That was 10 months ago. Amazing recovery, got us the GWG tonight. Plays great defensively every night, under the microscope of the World, and you Bums feel the need to criticze him? Try Praising him, if you plan on judging him.

To me, the guy is amazing, just like Kesler. :bigblush:

Archived