The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

Rate this topic

Draisaitl, Merkley, and Chartier combined for 8 points in the win.

Also seems like Kelowna is really hitting their stride at the right time.

Winners of 6 in a row with a chance to close it out tomorrow, and get some rest before the Memorial Cup.

• Upvote 1

Kelowna are now as they've been since the very early 200's beasts.

The fact that successive GMs have refused to sign anyone from the Rockets knowing the absolute studs that have come through there STILL blow my mind.

And for the person who asked, if there was a flyer pick on Merkley for the Nucks I'd be over the moon.

The fact that successive GMs have refused to sign anyone from the Rockets knowing the absolute studs that have come through there STILL blow my mind.

And for the person who asked, if there was a flyer pick on Merkley for the Nucks I'd be over the moon.

Yes, Merkley looked amazing last night... Same with Rourke Chartier. Both those players are going to be special players in due time.

Alex Edler played a season for the Rockets, but yes I agree. It is strange that such great players have come from the Rockets in the later rounds of the draft and the Nucks have just one defenceman drafted from there.... And that was 11 years ago.

I am still blown away that we didn't take a flyer on Tyson Baillie last year in the 7th round. He isn't tiny by any means and man, does he ever compete. Also averaging right around a PPG in the last 3 seasons.

But clearly JB saw a LW in the monster dman he drafted in that round lol.

Rockets just swept one of the best teams in the CHL. Oh my...

They've got to be the favourites in the Memorial Cup, regardless of who comes out of the OHL and QMJHL.

EDIT: Quebec is hosting which means that their opponent in the QMJHL finals (Rimouski) automatically gets in... that's how it works, right?

Edited by Canucks1219

Rockets just swept one of the best teams in the CHL. Oh my...

They've got to be the favourites in the Memorial Cup, regardless of who comes out of the OHL and QMJHL.

EDIT: Quebec is hosting which means that their opponent in the QMJHL finals (Rimouski) automatically gets in... that's how it works, right?

Yea they have been dominating this post season.

I don't know what the deal is with that OMJHL situation either... I wonder if Warhippy could shed some light on that?

Like I mentioned earlier...Kelowna is peaking at the perfect time.

7 wins in a row, just swept one of the top teams in the CHL, and now heading to the Memorial Cup.

Looking forward to see how they matchup against Quebec and Rimouski.

However, I do feel Kelowna has to be the favourite going into the tournament.

• Upvote 1

They might want to keep an eye on Lucas Johansen as well. The younger brother of Ryan is eligible in 2016.