The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Unsung Hero?

clutchburr

Unsung Hero of the Vancouver Canucks  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Chris Higgins. The only player on this team that has had a lot more good games than bad.

My second pick is Dan Hamhuis but even he has struggled for stretches.

Higgins may not be putting up a ton of points but the effort is there.

I'd say Hamhuis, he's been quietly putting up a good season for us offensively as well as his play in his own zone. Edler, KB3 and Salo take a lot of the offensive minutes away from Hamhuis but he still working hard and making great passes out of the Defensive zone. Chris Higgins is a great second, when healthy he has been a great checker and the Amex Line is playing great two way hockey, but Hamhuis has been constant all season

Depends on how "unsung" you want to go. I'd say Higgins cuz he doesn't get a large amount of Leauge-wide recognition. He does however, get a large amount of notice from Vancouver fnas, and media so....

Hamhuis.

I'd say Lappy and Hamhuis tie for second.

Hamhuis does actually have his defensive play recognized by a lot of fans. Almost every fan will tell you that one of the most crushing blows in the finals was Hamhuis' injury. So the only reason I didn't vote for Hamhuis is that I believe that he is highly regarded by most fans.

Mason Raymond for me.

It must be hard to love a team, break your back for a team, come back (probably prematurely and without the same conditioning as the other team members) put up great defensive shifts every night for that team..........and yet be the victim of a public/"fans" and media negative propaganda hate campaign, compiled of lies, half truths, and sheer ignorance of your game.

But despite knowing this (does anyone doubt that both he and his team mates are aware of it) and despite the effect it must have on his family and friends.........he hurtles on to the ice every night upbeat and determined to do as much as he can to help his team.

I doubt if there is one of you out there that knows what that kind of experience feels like...............Mason Raymond is a hero to me.

Mason Raymond for me.

It must be hard to love a team, break your back for a team, come back (probably prematurely and without the same conditioning as the other team members) put up great defensive shifts every night for that team..........and yet be the victim of a public/"fans" and media negative propaganda hate campaign, compiled of lies, half truths, and sheer ignorance of your game.

But despite knowing this (does anyone doubt that both he and his team mates are aware of it) and despite the effect it must have on his family and friends.........he hurtles on to the ice every night upbeat and determined to do as much as he can to help his team.

I doubt if there is one of you out there that knows what that kind of experience feels like...............Mason Raymond is a hero to me.

Archived