The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa Calls On Canucks Fans To Be Louder

hockeyville88

The Canucks CHOOSE to have high ticket prices and pretty much a corporate crowd. It makes sense from a business perspective and they are obviously going to have high ticket prices since people will buy them but don't come complaining when the crowd is suddenly too quiet. You pretty much made your bed. Bieksa's comments are a bit frustrating to me as a fan. He says he loves Winnipeg and their fans. Their fans are electric but he should realize that they just got their team back and that town is blue collar as it gets. I'm sure if the situations were reversed Vancouver would have the same loud crowd. It's not fair to compare the two. At the end of the day the Canucks have the longest sell out streak in the NHL and one of the longest in NA, maybe take time to be thankful for that? And we have a great fan base too but Bieksa isn't understanding the whole picture. If all the fans at the game were diehard I'm sure it would be a lot louder. Don't blame ''Canuck" fans for it. Say what you want but still one of the best fan bases in the league when it comes to the supporting the team.

It's hard to get pumped for games when we're playing Edmonton, Calgary, and Minnesota all the time...I'm sure I speak for just about everybody when I say I'd much rather see Washington, Pittsburgh, Philly, and all other Eastern teams here at least once every year.

I thought Bieksa was a smarter guy and would not be confused to why the arena is quiet. It's not rocket science, like everyone on this board is saying the tickets are way too expensive and the people in attendance are all suits. At least canucks fan show up to all the games and the arena is always full. Also, that Montreal game was embarrassingly bad play on the canucks, why would the fans be cheering when they are getting smashed by MONTREAL.

All I know is if I paid a decent amount of hard earned money to see a game live I wouldn't waste the opportunity by screaming out loud "go canucks go" for any length of time. I'd much rather pay attention to the game and cheer when theres a goal, big hit or fight...not cheer mindlessly throughout the whole game, and personally I would also be annoyed by people doing this nearby. And I'm sorry if you are a pro athelete making millions crowd volume level should have zero impact on how you are playing, and if u say it does you need to question your choice of profession.

Kinda gotta agree with this. I hate when people talk like there is any sort of onus on the fans. frack that! Nowadays you can only get a decent seat for $100! Just a decent seat for $100. Sometimes I believe these multi-millionaire athletes take things like high ticket prices for granted because they've got so much money. For me personally, I'm the quiet type. Nevermind that, I'm really into the hockey so I'm generally part of the quieter folk. I guess that makes me a bad fan. The way I see it, if I'm going to shell out $100+ for a seat, I'm going to be as loud or quiet as I damn well want. The players should be playing to earn their paychecks regardless of how much noise the crowd makes.

I want to emphasize that this doesn't mean I don't think the crowd should be louder. Of course it would be great if we outcheered the opposing team's fans. I just don't want people, especially the players, talking like there is some sort of onus on the fans.

I went to a Canucks game in Calgary, I left the game with a sore throat for cheering for the Canucks. It was great. Alot of people are saying that maybe if the team played better there would be more cheering. The thing is, if you are a true fan, you should cheer with the same intensity wether they are on a winning streak, a losing slump of just playing average. And if the people around you playing with their phones don't like the noise you are making maybe they shouldn't of gone to the hockey game if they wanted quiet.

I get loud and boisterous when I'm there (so much so that my cheering partner has to remind me to sit down at times). Doin' my part.

It's uncomfortable, at times, to hear the silence in the building and I agree that the team can really feed off the energy buzz that's generated.

Make it happen boys and girls.

It's pathetic sitting in club seats for anything but a playoff game. I've gone to 13 games this year, all but one were in the lower bowl and it's almost like when you make noise people are annoyed and want you to keep quiet. The upper bowl is SUBSTANTIALLY better and in terms of playoff hockey, everyone does get into it.

Don't get me started on box seats, every time I'm sitting in a suite I'm almost always the only person aware there is even a hockey game ongoing.

I have only been to two games in my life. I love the building and feel privileged to be there. Unfortunately I know exactly what Bieksa is saying, I was being as loud as I could and was heckling the hell outta Crawford and Kane (b!tches) but I felt totally out of place being the only one in my section being loud, and kept getting eyes rolled at me.

Maybe everyone has just seen a lot more games than me and it's not special to them anymore....

I'm thinking if the Nucks want more noise, make beer half price. (that'll do it)

I was hoping they would also do a drinking age night a couple times a season. Cuz I love getting drunk and watching hockey. (Canadian)

Kinda gotta agree with this. I hate when people talk like there is any sort of onus on the fans. frack that! Nowadays you can only get a decent seat for $100! Just a decent seat for $100. Sometimes I believe these multi-millionaire athletes take things like high ticket prices for granted because they've got so much money. For me personally, I'm the quiet type. Nevermind that, I'm really into the hockey so I'm generally part of the quieter folk that likes to focus on the game just as I would from my couch at home. I guess that makes me a bad fan. The way I see it, if I'm going to shell out $100+ for a seat, I'm going to be as loud or quiet as I damn well want. The players should be playing to earn their paychecks regardless of how much noise the crowd makes.

I want to emphasize that this doesn't mean I don't think the crowd should be louder. Of course it would be great if we outcheered the opposing team's fans. I just don't want people, especially the players, talking like there is some sort of onus on the fans. We're not the ones making millions to play a game.

My mom goes to nearly every game and she was legitimately upset when she heard this. We cheer our hearts out when we go and whenever the Jets fans started up they were quickly drowned out with GO CANUCKS GO.

Maybe if the canucks stopped bitching about the fans cheering (bieksa) and focused on giving a crap for the rest of the season they would see an increase in fan noise.

This is pretty sad,Kevin.

$65,000 per game you make 'working' and the real fans might make that in a year,or two.

Reality check when your team effort sucks and your organisation is all about the money, big boy.

"So we’ll work for you if you work for us.” KB

Archived