The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ea Sports Predicts Early Exit For Nux This Playoff

elgin

They got lucky last year. If you are going to judge their accuracy you have to do it over multiple years - eg what has their record been like in the last 10 years. Its more meant for publicity than anything.

If you believe in these things, than you are essentially trusting people who really are just giving their best guess on simulations to write the code that basically just applies an arbitrary formula to a bunch of players that have been reduced to 10-20 numbers. Also, there are random numbers involved, and you will get different results if you run the simulation multiple times. So, its kinda arbitrary.

I started my own playoff sims, and you tell me if this game is broken or not:

1) Los Angeles finishing as the 8th seed and upsetting the 1st seed Blues

2) Game 7 of the 2nd round goes to Ot even though I'm out shooting La 53-18

3) Henrik Sedin goes bar down for the Ot/series winner

4) Nashville makes it to the 3rd round

5) This is probably the strangest one: Canucks-Panthers SCF

EA :lol:

I've yet to see a link, but if it's true, I will have nightmares tonight.

In this simulation, how do Nucks go from conference finals, to 1st round exit? The only thing I can think of is bad trades.

People keep saying that because they didn't get the correct SCF winner last year, that they are an invalid source. Um, keep telling yourselves that. They predicted all of the winners/matchups last playoffs except cup champ and winner of SJS/Det series. That's as accurate as it gets for a simulation. They also predicted the right SCF winners in 2010 and 2009. How the GOAT can a 1st round exit be possible?!? I'm just going to breathe into a brown paper bag now :(

The news suggested that they would be re-doing the simulation after the playoff matches have been established, so what I want to know is why did they do it early to begin with. It seems rather silly to do something like this when they don't even know what the match ups will be.

Archived