The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bieksa - Injury

Strombone1

What happened to Kevin Bieksa today during the morning skate? Is he injured? I know they said it's a maintenance day, but I think Mike Gillis just slipped and alluded to a Bieksa injury in an interview with Murphy during the 2nd intermission.

Dan Murphy: Finally how do you feel about your team with just a handful of games left before the real tournament begins?

Mike Gillis: I feel really good, I feel if we get everybody back and healthy, obviously Danny is a key guy, and Kevin, if we have them back and healthy I'm really confident about this team.

If Bieksa is injured then it is likely a minor problem.

I'm assuming that the coaching staff is giving their d-men a few extra days off here and there, kind of like Salo got a maintenance day a while back. It also allows the depth guys a chance to get some playing time in preparation for the playoffs.

regards,

G.

EDIT: what Singhr said.

Everyone is at least sore by this time of year. Not sore like, game 5 of the WCF or Game 7 of the SCF, but sore.

A maintenance day cannot hurt!

I think he's scratched for Gragnani to get in enough games, could be Hamhuis or Salo next game.

That or he's actually injured, but I doubt it

Archived