The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Gdt) Canucks Vs Ducks - April 3Rd 2012

SixtyEight

Just so it's noted, I'm not a Lu hater, I've defended him a million odd times in the last few years. But there comes a point during a hockey game when you have to be blind or a bloody kool-aid drinker not to notice 2 soft goals. Hell, Lu gets so much unnecessary grief on this forum, saying anything at all about this guy paints people into a corner as a Lu hater. It's getting bloody ridiculous.

Having said that, this one seriously lame a$$ GDT with a heap of panicky kids posting.

the thing with Lu is that its not "hating" to expect more from him. Not just his salary and contract but its his ability to stay relaxed but sharp at the same time kind of mentally you need to sustain as a goalie. Cory has more of that even at his younger age. Could an "average" goalie fail to stop those two goals? Sure. But Luongo is not supposed to be "average". There's the rub.

the thing with Lu is that its not "hating" to expect more from him. Not just his salary and contract but its his ability to stay relaxed but sharp at the same time kind of mentally you need to sustain as a goalie. Cory has more of that even at his younger age. Could an "average" goalie fail to stop those two goals? Sure. But Luongo is not supposed to be "average". There's the rub.

Just so it's noted, I'm not a Lu hater, I've defended him a million odd times in the last few years. But there comes a point during a hockey game when you have to be blind or a bloody kool-aid drinker not to notice 2 soft goals. Hell, Lu gets so much unnecessary grief on this forum, saying anything at all about this guy paints people into a corner as a Lu hater. It's getting bloody ridiculous.

Having said that, this one seriously lame a$$ GDT with a heap of panicky kids posting.

Archived