The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cdc Changing Quickly

BobbyLuoo

Why not ? there are threads for complaining about players, etc. why not one where we can complain about the fans, I'm enjoying it personally. I too spend more time reading than posting. I agree with the above poster about there being more fans because of the teams recent success, fans that do not know much except the basics about the team. I see that all the time with more people talking publicly during the Play-offs and I find it extremely frustrating listening to 'new' fans being totally wrong in the info they are talking about (but I can appreciate the enthusiasm) we have a right to complain since they are a big part of why the Canucks fans are perceived in such a negative way , last night for example, all the talk about how the fans treat Luongo, really , that is not fair to ALL the fans cause I don't agree with booing your own team \ players even if they do frustrate me, and I don't appreciate being lumped into a group 'publicly' that does it. I do remember the losing years, missing the Play-offs etc. and maybe that is why I enjoy what we have now so much ( even our goalie ) because you just know, that soon enough this window of opportuniy will be gone and the lean years will be back for a while, wonder how many 'die hard' fans will be sticking with the team then .... ;)

CDC has always been full of very entitled fans. The only change is that the Canucks have been consistently excellent for a number of years. Now that excellence is an entitlement of the fans, so it's reflected in the way cdc cries during a 7 game win streak. CDC hasn't changed in terms of personality at all.

One of my biggest frustrations with these boards are the one liner responses basically saying "you made a mistake here" even if somebody does make a little error in their post if they put thought into it they deserve a thoughtful response.  I've seen this time and again and it often turns into 10 people all pointing out the same little mistake, sometimes posts are just stupid and it's fun to make fun of them, but often they are well thought out but no real discussion happens because people are busy making themselves feel good by putting someone down for missing a comma or spelling 'real' 'reel'.

It's been bad for awhile buddy. Probably going to get worse and worse as the Canucks rack up more wins. You just kind of ignore the ignorant statements that contradict actual proof. The guys where you discuss with arguments and the response is "you're a homer" or they ignore the argument and find something wrong with your spelling instead.

There are some mature people on here who do have insightful knowledge with a well thought out process. Only problem is you have to wade through 20 responses of "cry me a river" or "it's you're, not your" to get to it.

By the way, I do fully agree that the Canucks have a large group of banwagoners. It has increased both on CDC and in general amongst Canuck fans. They often spew some opinion that they heard their friend say or some article say without any backup. It is best to ignore than idiots.

Also, this number of fake/immature fans has increased ever since they became contenders.

I would say canucks are ranked top 5 when it comes to worst fans in the league. Last night was just a taste of the Canucks faithful.

Archived