The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Do You Start In Game 4?

Easton76

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't care if Luongo is our "number one" goalie, which is only by virtue of his contract. Fact is, for the last two years where Schneider has played around 60 games, Schneider has proven he is better statistically (save %, gaa), he is more consistent, and he can come up big in important games. He is younger, is already better than Luongo now, and it won't even be close in a few years.

Whether it is regular season for even these last three games, Schneider has proven he is better and gives the Canucks a better chance to win. Canucks had to score 4 and 5 goals in game 1 and 2 to win, but Schneider put them in a spot where they had to score only 2 to win. Forget feelings, other than 5.3 million a year, they don't owe Luongo anything. Start Schneider!

why are some of you always defending the opposing goalies? thomas is better. quick is better. harding is better etc (you get the point)

lets face it. our offense isn't scoring. and it's killing us. how many low or 1 goal difference games has luongo won this season?! give it a break with blaming the goalies. we are not good (or hungry) enough. and I mean the whole team. Daniel is already hurt. Kes is playing atrocious. our D can't clear the puck. Lapierre is annoying but not intimidating anyone. it hurts but thats the truth. I love all our players but it ain't working these playoffs

Has to be Lou. What does it say to Lou and the clubs faith in our "number one " goalie if we start Schneider in the first do or die. Although the team has performed better with schneider, we gotta go with Lou. They start Schneider, they are pretty much saying Lou is done with the Vancouver Canucks.

Come on Canucks get your crap together hopefully Danny's back and we can get our swag and confidence back!!

Has to be Lou. What does it say to Lou and the clubs faith in our "number one " goalie if we start Schneider in the first do or die. Although the team has performed better with schneider, we gotta go with Lou. They start Schneider, they are pretty much saying Lou is done with the Vancouver Canucks.

Come on Canucks get your crap together hopefully Danny's back and we can get our swag and confidence back!!

Jordan Schroeder, Rodin, Jensen. Might as well pull out all the guns and win or go out swinging :frantic:

Also put Hansen - Hank - Booth with Hamhuis - Bieksa for the majority of the game. Sooner or later their efforts SHOULD pay off.

Higgins - Kes - Burr

Ebbett - Pahlsson - Lapierre

Ballard - Tanev (Ballard can still attack and Tanev is decent)

Edler - Salo

(reduced minutes-- Edler`s not going to help anyways and Salo`s not as good as he used to be)

give the other forwards the night off, they won`t be playing anyways.

#StillBelieving

It's no brainer for me. You can't just start LUongo because he's the number 1 guy. The number guy in the first 2 games has given up crucial goals at crucial moments of the game. On top of that, he's allowed 17 goals on his last 4 playoff starts. Number 1 guy? Now compare his game to Schneider's game, Schneider didn't win it for us, but it was the lowest possible score. A 1-0 game. So it's no brainer, for me team comes first. I'm not a stupid Canuck fan to favor one player over another because I like that player more. NO no no. I will chose the goalie that will give the team the best chance at winning and that's Luongo.

Again, Luongo's last 4 playoff starts, 17 goals allowed, do you want me to pull up the save percentage? That be quite in insulting.

Is always about how things affet Lou. Could the players be sick of hearing how it was Lou who got the team to the finals even though he was middle of the pack stat wise and was brutal in more than 1 game.

How can it be the numbers ALWAYS are better for Cory?

Corys season numbers were much better,,playoffs he in #1 in GAA and 3 in save%,,,

Lou is 16th out of 18 in both GAA and save %.

If people over and over say the team plays better for Cory you can be sure there is a reason why.

Over 2 seasons is enough of a sample to know for whatever reason the TEAM plays better, and I feel Cory plays better than Lou.

You feel he plays better, that's your argument? You do realize that your opinion means little, if not nothing. Your entire argument is purely speculation. You've even gone as far to portray Luongo as egotistical. When has he ever made the claim that it was his own performance that brought the team to the SCF? Goaltending isn't all about numbers, something that you've failed to comprehend.

Luongo has stated he wears #1 because thats what he is.

He has held 3 organizations hostage at contract time.

You fail to realise they keep numbers for a reason, and comparing one player to others can be hard, but when they play for the same team with the same players and the numbers are so drastically different a full season at some point the numbers matter.

You start your young gun.

May as well, either goalie will not make that much a difference. Both have made enough saves to win games, but if he can be perceived to steal one or two games under this kind of pressure his trade value goes up (should he be the one dealt)

If a goaltenders stats don;t matter then what does? Cuz hes got a nice mask...his sisters cute....or play him on a hunch? Lou has always played because he had great numbers....got signed to long term contract because he had great numbers...so...now..his numbers are not as good...especially gis GAA of 2.41...so now you play the guy whose numbers are better...because...the numbers say he is playing better.

Archived