The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So Now Who Do We Trade, Sign And Let Go?

DownUndaCanuck

Pahlsson - no

Bitz - no

Volpatti - no

Ebbett - no

Salo - as much as it pains me to say this, i dont think he has any gas left in the tank at this point

Rome - no

Reinprecht - no

Pinnizotto - no

Mancari - no

Here's a list of the RFA's:

Raymond - no

Weise - no

Gragnani - no

Duco - AHL depth

Lack - re-sign

Parent - no

Oreskovich no

Schneider - re-sign

Here's a list of our players with a No Trade Clause:

Sedins - we are stuck with them until their contracts expire

Kesler - 1 more year.

Malhotra (unfortunately) - MG is not gonna ask him to waive and i doubt anyone would want him

Bieksa - 1 more year

Hamhuis - he is our best defenceman.

Luongo - i honestly believe that if he was asked to waive to tampa or florida he would say yes

The only guys that need to be gone are Kesler and Edler, and maybe Booth.

Edler + package for a Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier type centerman. (Grigorenko? Galchenyuk?)

Kesler for a legit #1 D-man.

Booth depends on who is centering him. If it's someone that can make the right plays for Booth, then I'd keep him.

Oh, and for players to re-sign, none. As painful as it is, Salo really shold not be back. His tank is empty and it's really evident these playoffs.

LASTLY!

Ballard and Luongo should NOT be traded. I still can't believe how many people want them gone with how solid they have been.

Schneider is a legitimate #1 goalie. He knows it, every other GM in the league knows it. He's not signing in Vancouver unless you guys get rid of Luongo, which will be impossible with his contract. He's going to want a big raise and an oppertunity to become a superstar, not another oppertunity to back up a superstar. Don't see a sign-and-trade happening either, because although that sounds great for Van fans, that puts all the power in the Canucks hands, and as a professional player it would be foolish of Cory to do that at this point in his career. Right now, he's gotta be looking for his own team and a much bigger paycheck. You won't be moving Luongo's contract, especially with his questionable mental breakdowns and unproven consistency throughout the year and in the playoffs.

IMO Kesler has next year to show everyone who he really is. Was last season the anomoly or the norm of what to expect going forward? Is he going to be a diving player that embarrases your franchise and makes you even more disliked, or is he going to be the guy he was last year? Was the poor play this season due to that injury last year? I give him one more year to figure that out.

You guys need to pick up some rising stud on D. Or a legitmate norris candidate. Your window is going to start closing as the core ages. Should be an interesting summer. There are a lot of teams with a lot of money to spend.

AV might be on his way out, if he does, that's a one-way ticket to Montreal.

You gotta think the NW is going to be very different next season. Colorado is on the verge of being very dangerous. You don't have to look too far for another very young skilled team, and on top of that they just got this years #1 pick...again. Who knows with the flames, it's a busy off-season for them so that could kind of go either way. They have some solid pieces in place, but some serious question marks that need answers ASAP. so we'll see what happens, but I don't see it being as easy of a division for you guys next season.

Pick up Iginla. Man I'd love to see that guy win a cup, and I don't see it happening in Calgary...

The Florida Panthers dumped 3 really bad contracts on the organization. Ballard and Booth, and Reinprecht.

Ballard (although he DID play a good game last night) is usually not very reliable. Even before his injuries, he was a healthy scratch constantly. Needs to be traded.

Booth. I know everyone seems to love the AMEX line, but since Booth arrived, it seems like the chemistry with whomever he plays with just isn't there. The way he plays at this point, is just a little taller version of Mayray. He also needs to be moved.

Reinprecht, will be done after this, just came along for the ride in the Booth trade.

3 Contracts: Totalling to over 10 million a year.

The loss of Mikael Samuelsson was a big..., even though at his age, he was still a better fit to the Canucks organization than

any of these guys are. Especially with the price tags they came with.

Trade Kesler?

Madness.

There is no doubt that he needs to refocus and concentrate on hockey over other...'extracurricular' activities but to let him go would haunt the franchise for years to come. Can't believe i'm hearing this after all the accolades heaped upon him and all of the "kesler for captain" threads i've sifted through over the last 365 days leading up to this.

Anyways, the Canucks cup window is still open next season even if they bow out in 4 against LA and I seriously doubt Gillis is going to wreck the entire team despite this disappointing post-season (which isn't over yet). The most i'd like to see is some tweaks up front and some mid level moves to shore up our defense which has been needing something along those lines for awhile now. Also, i'm not sure the team is responding to Vigneault anymore...

I have just watched the game again............you do realise Ballard and Raymond were two of our best players out there last night. Raymond imo hasn't had a bad game in the playoffs.........yet you want to change his address. What does that say about your judgement?

package Lappy up with the usuals.

His stock has risen in his time here so he could be useful in a trade. He has not been useful so far in the playoffs. His performance this year has been a bad joke. We need the real deal for his "role".

He has taken stupid penalties and is totally non intimidating. All this guy has is his mouth. The Kings just laugh at him.

Also, if Kes doesn't totally reset his attitude, and cut the crap by next december next year, get imi out too. There: i said it. Flame away.

Keep Salo and maybe Pahlsson although I'm not sold completely. Also keep Gragnani but sign him to a 2 way deal and start him in the minors. Sign Lack, and one of Ebbet or Wiese would probably be good for depth but let the other plugs go.

Please for the love of me get rid of Rome.

Trade Schnieder for something good, and any of our other defence that can get us a quality defender in return.

get Semin or Parise, i feel we should re-sign raymond then trade him, because teams are intrested in him, sign hal gill

sedin-sedin-parise/semin

booth-kesler-higgins

hansen-pahlsson-burrows

lapierre-malholtra-kassian

bieksa-hamuis

edler-gill

ballard-gragnani (i thought he was solid, all season long)

its either we run a 2 goalie system or we trade someon ?_?

schnieds/lou (one of them, one will get traded)

lack

WHY WOULD WE TRADE EDDIE!???????????? 3 BAD GAMES AND EVERY ONE IS READY TO FIRE AV AND TRADE EDDIE!!!!!

Depends on who's starting in goal tonight.

If Luongo starts...then Schneider will be traded.

If Schneider starts...then Luongo will be traded.

It was on TEAM 1040 yesterday that a TSN analyst (forgot his name) said that he thinks (from body language) that Schneider is starting game 4. And if that happens...no way will Luongo want to play for Vancouver as he wants to be the clear #1 goalie. Really...a slap in his face. So he will waive his NTC to go to a team of his choosing. And it just so happens that Tampa is looking for a #1 goalie and basically where his wife is from.

Bring in more BC boys.

A few available this year. (unless they were signed late in the year)

2 from BC I can think of off the top of my head

Jason Garrison

Shea Webber

Barret Jackman

Ryan Suter

Matt Carle

David Jones for raymond?

Zach Parise

Jiri Hudler..

lots available

What does it matter? As soon as we trade for a new players the fans will turn on them when they slump anyways and demand they get traded. Edler who played great for us this year and is usually a key player in our playoff runs should be traded for one bad playoff run. Kes who has been the catalyst for this team has one off year and should be traded. Hell, even Lou who has actually been playing very good in this series should be traded.

Pitts should trade Malkin, Crosby and Stall who have done nothing all series. Even MA Fleury should get traded with the awful performance. They should trade all their superstars as well.

Trade everyone every year and rotate the coaching staff every year!

What does it matter? As soon as we trade for a new players the fans will turn on them when they slump anyways and demand they get traded. Edler who played great for us this year and is usually a key player in our playoff runs should be traded for one bad playoff run. Kes who has been the catalyst for this team has one off year and should be traded. Hell, even Lou who has actually been playing very good in this series should be traded.

Pitts should trade Malkin, Crosby and Stall who have done nothing all series. Even MA Fleury should get traded with the awful performance. They should trade all their superstars as well.

Trade everyone every year and rotate the coaching staff every year!

trade raymond for whatever he is worth

trade ballard for a draft pick/drat picks or draft pick + cheaper defensemen

trade luongo to tampa for an impact player (most likely vinny but who knows)

if no trade on luongo then trade schneider for something worth way more then schneider himself is worth to us if we can't unload luongo(such as top 3 draft pick, young rising star, all star who isn't signed for a ridiculous price etc...)

sign salo if he wants to play for cheap

Also sign lack, bitz, volpatti and maybe pahlsson.

If the GM ever though trading kesler would be a good idea then now would be the time while he still has higher value then he normally would. Not knocking Kesler because he has been great and will always be one of the best two way players in the league but if you ask me after laster year his value is up very high still and trading him now would be better then waiting and deciding to trade him later.

Trade Edler for a tougher and younger defensemen. Edler is a great player but I think while his value is great we should trade him for a young north american who can hit hard consistently while playing smart defensive hockey.

LOL so what do you think

Simple question. We're right up against the Cap and here's a list of the UFA's we have next season:

Pahlsson - $2.65 million, will most likely take a big cut

Bitz - $700K

Volpatti - $612K

Ebbett - $525K, will probably want more

Salo - $2 million

Rome - $750K

Reinprecht - $2.05 million

Pinnizotto - $600K

Mancari - $525K

Here's a list of the RFA's:

Raymond - $2.55 million, should take a cut

Weise - $605K, will probably want more

Gragnani - $550K

Duco - $550K

Lack - $900K

Parent - $925K

Oreskovich $605K

Schneider - $900K, will want a lot more

Here's a list of our players with a No Trade Clause:

Sedins

Kesler

Malhotra (unfortunately)

Bieksa

Hamhuis

Salo

Luongo

So for next season, who do you want the Canucks to let walk to another team and who do you want traded?

Personally I want us to sign Volpatti, Bitz, Pahlsson, Ebbett, Pinnizotto, Rome, Weise, Duco, Gragnani and Lack.

Let Reinprecht, Salo (retire), Mancari, Parent, Oreskovich (maybe sign for the AHL only) and Raymond walk.

Trade Schneider for a big, physical top-4 defenceman.

Trade Tanev when his stock is high for an skillfull, small, fast top-6 forward.

Trade Ballard for picks or preferably a big physical depth defenceman.

Trade Raymond's rights for whatever its worth.

Pahlsson - definitely sign for cheaper only if no other option available (would LOVE to go back to the offensive 3rd line!)

Bitz, Rome, Pinnizotto should be re-signed (Steve looked pretty good and in line for a spot before he got injured)

bye Volpatti, Ebbett, Reinprecht, Mancari, Salo (Sami looks finished)

Raymond trade rights please

Weise, Gragnani looked only average at best; lose Oreskovich and Parent

Duco, Lack, Schneider re-sign please

Sedins: Hank's been solid, they just need a strong power winger to work with

Kesler- disappointing lately, hope he rebounds

Malhotra- not bad for a 4th liner

Bieksa- keep him with Hammer and the shutdown unit's alright

Hamhuis- best player out there on some nights

Luongo (if they're set to have Schneids as the #1 then I'd accept him to move too; FLA or TB?)

Archived