The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dangerous Victoria Motorcycle Ride Hits 299 Km/h (186 Mph)

Navyblue

Wow, I heard about this on news I drive that HWY everyday and live out there. I thought I saw a blue motorcycle either this morning or yesterday going other way but I see several guys on death cycles out there. but that was insane between the cars if someone changes lanes which lots do there wow what a tool.. I keep an eye out....

These people who ride these bikes are morons.

I had a ninja 600 back in the early 90s when I lived in Victoria. Its actually a nice ride out there but not at 300 km/h. Its not him killing himself thats the problem. Its the motorist he hits while hes doing it. 400 lbs bike + 180 lbs rider at 300 km/h will mess up anything it hits.

There are no real places to race legally in Victoria or on the whole island even. Even if there was idiots would still be doing this stuff.

Unlicensed motorcyclist identified as 300 km/h driver

CBC News

Posted: Apr 19, 2012 10:26 AM PT

Last Updated: Apr 19, 2012 11:46 AM PT

Read 40comments40

buttonLeftImgUp.png

Police on Vancouver Island say they have tracked down an unlicensed and uninsured motorcyclist who posted a YouTube video of a terrifying high-speed run along a busy section of the Trans Canada Highway.

The rider in the video is believed to be a 25-year-old male with 25 previous infractions, Saanich police revealed Thursday morning. The registered owner of the bike is believed to be his mother but the bike is not insured, they said.

Police say the bike has been seized but charges have not yet been laid. They are waiting to speak with the alleged rider, but he is not co-operating with police and did not show up for for a meeting on Wednesday.

hi-bc-120419-yamaha-r-1-4col.jpgSaanich police say the motorcycle in the video is this blue Yamaha R-1. (CBC)

In the video, the speedometer shows the motorbike rocketing past vehicles at speeds close to 300 km/h, passing along the centre line, shocking even veteran traffic officers and professional motorcycle riders who have seen it.

On Wednesday, police said they had identified the IP address and the internet service provider used to post the anonymous video on YouTube, and had several tips from the public on the identity of the rider.

On Thursday police displayed the bike they had seized — a Blue Yamaha R-1 — and are asking anyone who may have witnessed the high-speed ride to contact them.

The investigators determined the video was filmed on the Trans Canada Highway, started just north of McKenzie Ave and ending at the Millstream Road exit. Investigators believe it occurred prior to April 7, when the video was posted.http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/19/bc-motorcycle-video-victoria.html?cmp=rss

I just saw this, and I think I might know who the guy is. An acquaintance of mine had (has?) an identical bike that was registered in his mother's name, for which he was never licensed. And I remember seeing him hit 260+ on Coquihalla. He definitely fits the profile.

Archived