The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Did Luongo's Support Go?

jono2009

I've helped defended Lu for a long long time but right now, Schnieder is outplaying Lu.

Schnieder is making saves from everywhere, even the ones that were labeled to go in. Those phenomenal saves are the ones that generate momentum and provides a spark for your team. Lu has been great, but Schnieder has been near perfect so far.

Yeah but fatigue is a big part of goaltending.

Everyone's acting like we have won the series. We won a single game thanks to Schneids big deal. I have seen Lu win us countless games. This whole thing is waaaay overblown here.

People will calm down once reality sets in I suppose.

Give Schneider a few more games lets see how far we get.

Yeah but fatigue is a big part of goaltending.

Everyone's acting like we have won the series. We won a single game thanks to Schneids big deal. I have seen Lu win us countless games. This whole thing is waaaay overblown here.

People will calm down once reality sets in I suppose.

Give Schneider a few more games lets see how far we get.

The stats speak for themselves. Luongo is still a very solid goalie, but his best days are behind him. It's too bad we didn't have that 06-07 Luongo with the team we have right now, but what can you do. He is not as flexible as he used to be and he doesn't have that unflappable confidence that he used to have. This city has torn him apart and we have just been through too much with Luongo. Even if he plays solid, if he lets in one bad goal in a crucial game they will call for him to be traded. Some of it is on Luongo. He melted down at the worst times, but then sometimes posted a shutout the next game. His inconsistency is just too much for this team to handle. It was one thing when our team sucked and he had to steal games, but he Luongo has also shown at times that he loses focus when the team is playing well. Rarely did you see the team and Luongo both play outstanding at the same time.

He is still a very good goalie in this league, but Schneider is just younger, more flexible and better than this older Luongo. Schneider also has a calmness about him that Luongo does not have. Luongo will always try his very hardest and never give up, but his time in vancouver is over.

Even when you take out the bad games from this season, Schneider's better was arguably better than Luongo's.

The Luo fan club are a sensitive bunch, CS is named the #1 goaltender and all of a sudden Luo is not getting enough praise lol. Luongo 'support' has never left, were just more confident with CS and the coaching staff agrees.

The best move for this franchise going forward is going with CS, the younger, hungrier and better goaltender who they can re-sign for less than the lifetime contract Roberto has.

Archived