The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Are You Currently Playing?

I picked up Splinter Cell Blacklist the other day. Only played the intro to it so far.

I loved Conviction, so I'm sure I'll like this one too

Just stuck in Fanal fantasy tactics.

Should have said goodbye to the family and friends first.

Demon Souls / Dark Souls

The hardest, most challenging games out there. Completely bad-ass enemies that truly frighten you.

I played some of that, but it kept interferring with the time I like to set aside for sticking pins under my fingernails while chewing tinfoil.

Still playing NHL 13 it is October yet? wheres our hockey?

Can't wait for September 10th.

Put a deposit on NHL14 at Best Buy. For those who didn't know, if you put a $10 deposit down on an upcoming release, a few weeks after you bought it you get 800 reward points, which is $10 in store credit.

There was a game on Reviews on the Run yesterday called "Papers, Please" for the PC. I really want to try out this game. Unfortunately, I haven't bought or played a game on PC in about 8 years, so this won't happen.

Just a little update. I downloaded my first Steam game ever and playing my first PC game in about 8 years yesterday, "Papers, Please." The graphics are, at best, comparable to DOS games from the 80s. However, this game is an absolute blast.

Quick synopsis. You play an immigration officer for the fictional communist country Arstotzka, in the year 1982. You are responsible for either allowing or denying entry of those seeking to enter your country. When someone is seeking entry, they provide you with their passpost, work permit, etc (whatever you are required to have as per that days memo).

There are difficult decision that must be made, which there are consquences to as well. For instance, you will have a husband and wife enter your wicket, one right after the other. However, do you deny entry to one of them because they don't have their correct paperwork? If you allow them to enter, you receive a warning from your government for allowing entry to someone without the correct documents. Receive too many warnings in the day, and you start to have credits deducted from your daily, low paying job. You think this wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact that you do have a fairly large family that you need to support, and you have to decide at the end of the day what you can spend your money on, as you may only have enough money for food or medicine for your son. As I just started playing the game, I haven't gone that deep into the story mode yet. In fact, I failed the story mode after 4 days because my family died. I couldn't make enough money to keep them alive. You also have the ability to detain immigrants if they have too many discrepancies in their documentation. Allowing entry to the wrong people could (and usually do) result in terrosit attacks as well.

What I love about this game is just how different it is to every game you play today. The reason why I can't stand COD/shooter games is because I feel like I have played them all before. "Papers, Please" is truly something new. However, something being unique and new doesn't make it good, it has to have a good story and fun enough to play.

"Papers, Please" is definitely worth checking out. It's currently only $7.99 on Steam. Highly recommend.

Edited by Monty