The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lakeland Mills In Prince George On Fire

BM24

April 23, 2012

Citizen staff

A large explosion shook the Citizen building at around 9:40 p.m. A large fire can been seen from the Citizen parking lot.

Several explosions have been heard. Early indication are the explosions are at Lakeland MIlls.

Reports from the scenes indicate there have been several injuries.

Reports also say a Code Orange has been declared at the University Hospital of Northern B.C. It was the same emergency code, which mobilizes health care personnel across northern B.C., used at Burns Lake after the Babine Lake Forest Products mill explosion. Video can be found at:

I'm laying in a hospital bed right now recovering from severe burns on my arms and milder burns to my face and neck.. I was working inside at the time. The entire place exploded at once, ive never seen anything like it. If there's any threads that don't need crap talkin in its this one. We lost 2 good men in that fire and it was probably the most horrific thing to happen to our city

I'm laying in a hospital bed right now recovering from severe burns on my arms and milder burns to my face and neck.. I was working inside at the time. The entire place exploded at once, ive never seen anything like it. If there's any threads that don't need crap talkin in its this one. We lost 2 good men in that fire and it was probably the most horrific thing to happen to our city

Archived