The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roger Waters, What Did You All Think?

"The floor seats were just brutal, they packed us in like sardines"

Yes,the small white flimsy plastic seats were not good enough, especially at the ticket price.

Some poor heavyset woman was trying to sit in front of my buddy,but she had to keep moving as the chairs would fold under her.My 6 ft 9' chief officer would have been screwed at just 260 lbs.The folks that had seats beside her just stood in the iasle,there was no way off getting past her,and truly she was not THAT big.Funny thing was her boyfriend weighed less than my right leg :),probably 145 tops.

Anyhow.

I saw multiple generations of fans at the show, from 7 to at least 80.Many were seeing it for the first time and hopefully it caused a few of them to look at things in a different way.

Janis Joplin,Jimi Hendrix and Kurt Cobain haven't done anything new in years,but that doesn't lessen the value of their work.Shakespeare has been pretty quiet recently too.

I was there. Great show until I got the spins from being hot boxed.

Who would have thought....Hell, a few years ago I'd have been the one smoking it.

Oh well, still amazing and a once in a lifetime, epic show. Roger still has it.

Yeah, denouncing fascism and war in general is not whiny.

Also, stop believing that every person that has hair and can still get it up that listens to Pink Floyd is an "insecure suburban meathead."

That's just dumb.

Normal people listen to music too.

I think you are bitter that emo kids walk around the mall wearing shirts of bands they've heard a couple times. That doesn't mean that all people under 30 who listen to classic rock bands are "rednecks".

I am personally glad he's still touring, because there would be no way for my generation to see The Wall live otherwise. Besides, it's better that he tours at age 60 something with 30 year old tunes than most of these auto-tuned high-priced karaoke puppets that SONY and BMG crank out each week.

Archived