The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Toronto-Pittsburgh

Toronto needs a No. 1 center, Pittsburgh needs a top line winger or two. Here it is:

To Pittsburgh: Joffery Lupul + Clarke MacArthur

To Toronto: Jordan Staal

TO Top six: (after drafting Galchenyuk if they keep their pick)

Kessel - Staal - T. Connolly

Grabovski - Galchenyuk - Kulemin

Pitt Top Six:

Neal - Crosby - Dupuis

Lupul - Malkin - Kunitz

Thoughts?

It makes sense....

Pittsburgh might want one more thing in that trade though seeing as McArthur has been inconsistent and I think that Lupul has been overrated cause of all the publicity in Toronto, he only scored 25 goals, and as I said previously Vrbata scored 35 and didn't get nearly as much publicity. (for example)

And I also don't think Galchenyuk will be NHL ready next year.

But it actually looks good and makes sense based on there needs, good proposal.

Idk dude he's pretty good, to be able to score 25 goals aswell as bring all the intangables that he brings and do it all in a 4th line role is pretty good.

He could score 30 in a 1st or 2nd line role.

There are a couple problems I see.

First off you mention that Toronto is short on centerman then after your proposal four of the six players on the Leafs top two lines are centermans (Connolly, Galchelnyuk, Staal & Grabovski).

Second, Lupul has great chemistry with Kessel which means he holds more value to Toronto than other teams.

Third, as Smashian Kassian pointed out, Lupul is overrated due to his hot start last year and playing in Toronto. The Leafs would win this trade hands down.

There are a couple problems I see.

First off you mention that Toronto is short on centerman then after your proposal four of the six players on the Leafs top two lines are centermans (Connolly, Galchelnyuk, Staal & Grabovski).

Second, Lupul has great chemistry with Kessel which means he holds more value to Toronto than other teams.

Third, as Smashian Kassian pointed out, Lupul is overrated due to his hot start last year and playing in Toronto. The Leafs would win this trade hands down.

It makes sense....

Pittsburgh might want one more thing in that trade though seeing as McArthur has been inconsistent and I think that Lupul has been overrated cause of all the publicity in Toronto, he only scored 25 goals, and as I said previously Vrbata scored 35 and didn't get nearly as much publicity. (for example)

And I also don't think Galchenyuk will be NHL ready next year.

But it actually looks good and makes sense based on there needs, good proposal.

Lupul is not a scoring winger, he is more of a playmaker. Besides,

Lupul had 67 points in 66.

Vrbata had 62 in 77.

Lupul was top 5 in scoring before he went down, the reason he got more attention is because he was a great story.. A guy they thought would never play again being one of the best players in the league.

I agree that he isn't worth Staal though at least until he can prove that he can play at this pace next year as well.

Don't think Staal is a no.1 center but a very good no. 2. I think Grabrovski is more of a number 1.

Also, I am not convinced the Penguins "need" more top-6 forwards. Crosby, Malkin, Neal, Dupuis, Kunitz, Kennedy, Bennett and A bit of a reach but Tangardi. I think they need a better bottom-6 and another puck moving dman.

What if Toronto gives up Franson, Colborne for Staal?

Toronto top-6

Lupul-Grabrovski-Kessel

Kulemin-Staal-Connolly

Pittsburgh

Neal-Malkin-Kunitz

Kennedy-Crosby-Dupuis

Cooke-Colborne-Adams

Tangardi-Vitale-Asham

Orpik-Letang

Michalek-Franson

Martin-Niskanen

Although i hope they dump Martin and Promote Depres